The Marketing Director will recommend a strategic roadmap and implement the Marketing & Communication plans for Pomellato China ensuring the best in class execution. This will include Branding and Advertising, Media Relations, PR and Events, Sponsoring, Visual Merchandising, Retail Marketing, creation of local marketing collaterals to support the Brand retail and e-commerce distribution network in China.
How you will contribute
• Design and implement the annual Marketing & Communication plans for the Brand
• Manage and Optimize the annual Marketing budget for most effective Brand results, maintaining a strong balance between Brand Building strategies and providing support to the Brand development, in line with the Company’s Strategic plan
• Manage and lead your team to ensure a highly motivated team who will have clear duties allocation but working inter-dependently to ensure cohesion and are results driven.
• Always promote and instill a culture of luxury image.
• Provide KPI analysis to ensure performance monitoring, tracking and improvement
• Recommend a clear Brand Communication strategy and execute ensuring Brand consistency across all channels and communication materials.
• Ensure synergies between communication activities and leverage all communication channels to create a unified powerful voice for the Brand.
• Ensure an effective Media program
• Promote and support growth e-channel business in line with Brand strategies
• Contribute to the development of Training materials to ensure consistency in Brand communication by the front-line Sales Team
Marketing / Retail Development
• Ensure Brand image consistency at POS level
• Collaborating with Retail sales team to develop action plans to drive traffic to our boutiques and support sales.
• Develop CRM program through data mining, action planning to recruit, retain and recognize our registered customers to optimize sales growth.
• Develop and execute clienteling plans including necessary materials to support promotional programs
• Visual Merchandising to recommend and develop tools to support Brand storytelling at all retail touchpoints (displays, special windows adhering to international guidelines but fulfilling local market needs)
Advertising / Media and Sponsorships
• Devise and recommend a media strategy, working with appointed media Agency for optimal coverage within Digital, OOH and print
• Prioritize digital communication with effective planning and execution by creating local content within International guidelines across all platforms.
PR and Media Relations:
• Managing and working closely with a PR agency to devise annual plans and executed effectively.
• Increase media presence and Brand visibility through maintenance of relationships with key media.
• Responsible for ensuring, creating where necessary, a library of press releases, images that will provide the appropriate tools that resonate with the local needs to deliver optimal exposure for the Brand (including Brand stories, Interviews for our CEO, Creative Director and Gemstone Master)
• Develop strong relationships and work closely with KOLs to promote Brand awareness, resonating with local culture and needs
• Propose and execute high profile events to optimize Boutique Openings / New collection launches or Themed occasions
• Propose and coordinate with vendors within budgets and planned schedules but always instilling an image of luxury
• Plan and devise a retail events calendar to promote sales growth for best client experience
Team leader and management of 4 members:
• PR / Events & VM / Digital – e-commerce / CRM
Who you are
Experience, business and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communication, PR or business related
• Minimum 10-15 years relevant experience in luxury retail management (Fine Jewelry, Fashion or Watches preferred) of which 10 years in mainland China
• Strategic Thinker, ability to formulate strong plans and to execute to a high standard
• Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving-oriented with a pro-active and flexible approach
• Possess excellent communication skills and articulate in mandarin and fluent in English
• Good command of written English and Mandarin
• Sensitivity to managing budgets and controlling expenses.
• Highly self-motivated and able to generate ideas and work independently
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment to multi-task
• Frequent travel is required
Why work with us?
This is an ideal opportunity to join the Pomellato adventure and become part of a thriving merchandising team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates.