ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Global Communications, PR & Special Projects Director
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
Alexander McQueen are currently in search of a Global Communications, PR & Special Projects Director. Having extensive experience within Fashion PR, you will lead our In-House Press teams whilst working closely with our CMO & Creative Director to Create & Implement the Global Communications Strategy.
How you will contribute?
- Manage the press and special projects team in the UK head office, including womenswear, menswear, accessories, special projects, exhibitions, and corporate categories whilst working hand-in-hand with digital and social media, CRM, VIP, Creative Identity and production teams on all projects
- Has and fosters close relationships with UK Press
- Key point of contact with six international press offices and teams, including USA, EMEA, APAC, China, Korea and Japan, liaising on general press and media strategy, features, product, VIP, gifting and social / digital activations worldwide
- Devise global product and corporate features and strategies with the Chief Marketing Officer and Creative Director, liaising with the international communications teams to ensure projects achieve maximum impact
- Manage direct press enquiries and interviews with the Creative Director
- Oversee all CEO interviews and enquiries with CMO
- Oversee international fashion shows, events, store openings and all key activities in each market, working directly with the regional communications teams to create focused and detailed strategies
- Supervise and edit all copy for the company, including press releases, collection notes and e-comm newsletters
- Manage all exhibitions-related activities and the Special Projects team. Oversee concept creation with Creative Director and external consultants and manage elements of all initiatives from preliminary idea to completion
- Manage the Alexander McQueen education programme with external consultants, liaising closely with CMO and Creative Director to bring projects to life
- Oversee external philanthropic sponsorships, partnerships & donations
- Crisis management – first point of contact for any international press-sensitive issues
- Oversee department budgets and manage all project budgets with CMO
Who you are?
- Extensive experience within Fashion PR on a global scale, ideally within a Luxury House.
- Strong knowledge of relevant press contacts, both UK & Worldwide.
- Excellent organisation and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom