ALEXANDER MCQUEEN men’s ready to wear Leatherwear Product Developer
Kering - Regular
Firenze - Italy
You will play a fundamental role in the development of Leatherwear collections of the brand. You will support the Leatherwear & Knitwear product development manager in interpreting and producing samples based on the indications from the Design Office and will collaborate closely with External Buy Production suppliers and Internal other departments such as Raw Materials Research and Purchasing and Pattern Making.
How you will contribute
Material Research & Collection Development
- Attending Leatherwear Fairs and Supporting Design Team with Material Research / Special Technique development.
- Brief Buy Prod Suppliers on Garment construction and inputs from the Design Office
- Prepare technical sheets
- Oversee Collection Development and support in solving Garment Making critical Path.
- Attend fittings in Italy and abroad
- Ensure that the agreed timing for the collection development is respected.
- Create line sheets on the system (Stealth/PLM)
- Create files containing fitting and collection information
- Construct files for pre-cost and cost information
- Devise files for selling books and notes
- Ship prototypes and collections
- Make and manage budget, grid files and weekly follow-ups to Product Development Manager
- Supporting the K&L Product Development Manager in defining Delivery Drops and Bulk Orders with Merchandising and Production Team
Support to Industrialization Engineer Specialist
- Collection Brief to the Production Engineering specialist to carry on the Production Phase in line with Brand Image and Compliance/Quality standards requested.
- Highlighting critical issues in the product in order to find technical solutions to improve processes, costs and production times.
- Attending Production Review Fitting
- Defining the conformity tests to be carried out on materials and accessories according to the various markets (Apac, California, Russia, etc.) and coordinating the performance of the tests together with Production and Quality Control.
- Defining the labels peculiar to the suppliers.
Depending on the experience you may be asked to extend your responsibilities’ to
- Follow VIP, PR and special requests in terms of product and database
Who you are
- An individual with previous experience in a similar role, preferably working on the development of Leatherwear collections
- Organized and able to plan efficiently
- Willing to travel in Italy and abroad from time to time
- Fluent in Italian and English, both written and spoken
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving product development team in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time