BOTTEGA VENETA Stock Controller
Bottega Veneta - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Stock Controller to join our Sloane Street Boutique, reporting into the Senior Stock Controller and Store Manager.
You will be responsible for the management of stock; ensuring that all deliveries, transfers and general organisation of the stockroom is carried out with great attention to detail and efficiency. This role is also key in supporting the sales consultants to ensure that client needs are met.
How you will contribute
- Be responsible for physical organisation of the stockroom, ensuring that it is tidy and that stock is stored in a clear and efficient way
- Be security conscious in order to highlight any stock that is missing from the stockroom
- Be responsible for organisation and replenishment of all packaging, including; bags, garment covers, tissue paper and maintenance and care of wooden hangers
- Receive all weekly deliveries into the store and checking that the stock matches the invoice. Inform inventory control of any discrepancies. Also, inform the SM of any new stock arrivals
- Process relevant paperwork and other administrative tasks
- Ensure that replenishment is carried out where necessary and that stock levels are maintained according to client demand
- Ensure staff uniform is allocated aside for staff use
- Liaise with Inventory control regarding deliveries, stock transfers, stock takes & return to vendors (RTVs)
- Open, track and close consignments in accordance with the Company’s consignment policy
- Manage Return to Vendor at the end of every season. Ensure that all previous stock is returned to the warehouse as instructed by inventory control
- Prepare markdowns before each sale period, including; separating carry over items from markdown merchandise
- Action stock transfers CICI’s (intercompany transfers), including e-commerce stock requests. Raise all necessary paperwork and inform inventory control
- Be Responsible to reticent any unticketed items
- Carry out electronic maintenance of stock allocations, enter information regarding orders, transfers and adjustments.
- Liaise with inventory control
- Carry out a full stock takes of all merchandise received in store periodically in addition to the ‘mini’ stock takes of each department
- Ensure that any discrepancies are found as a result of any of these stock takes, an investigation to how this occurred should be conducted. Findings from the stock take and any investigation carried out must be presented to the Store Manager
- Make adjustments to the relevant systems following the stock takes and liaise with inventory control where necessary
- Identify any faulty stock immediately and ensure that it is not placed on the shop floor where possible
- Liaise with [Italy] and other relevant suppliers as well as completing and keeping a paper trail of the appropriate forms regarding faulty stock and repairs. All repairs must be processed in accordance with the Company’s policy
- Supporting to internal departments
- Work with the sales teams in your own boutique and worldwide to ensure that client demands are met and optimum stock levels are maintained
- To read and understand weekly store report as produced by the merchandising team
- Maintain constant communication with the Retail team at head office regarding stock management
- Support the visual merchandiser by making available and preparing stock for the boutique’s displays
Who you are
- Computer literate, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word and Excel)
- Previous knowledge of JDA and RetailPro would be advantageous
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills
- Language skills would be advantageous, preferably Italian and/or French
- Previous experience of a similar role where required to prioritise and multi-task various and competing demands
- A good communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal and external personnel at all levels
- Problem solving skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Team Player
Why work with us?
Bottega Veneta's philosophy is centered on the individual and self-confidence. All employees are determined, willing to represent the product and defend it no matter what. The expression of new ideas is strongly encouraged, within the framework of the professional freedom, in order to make coherent the image of the mark. Consistency, trust, collaboration and transparency are the keys to our success. Proud of our social responsibility and to ensure the future of our brand, we are committed to the culture and traditions of our Italian heritage and work with perseverance to maintain them.
As part of the Kering Group, we are a fair, positive and creative entity. Our mission is to attract different talents, who recognize these primordial values, and who are driven by the desire to develop them within this group luxury and lifestyle, without ever compromising them. At Bottega Veneta, we are interested in the result of individual efforts. We identify, nurture and develop all kinds of talents, offering multiple resources and learning opportunities to optimize our professional growth. Dedicated to deepen creativity and innovation, we encourage the learning of know-how while helping professional development.
- Full time
- United Kingdom