BOTTEGA VENETA - Supervisor
Bottega Veneta - Regular
Paris - France
Meet performance expectations and provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction in alignment with company standards. A Supervisor has sales targets, is responsible of at least one person, could be in charge of a department
How you will contribute
- Finalize sales targets achievements in line with company strategy
- Use effective selling techniques to maximize the business potential of the stores
- Contribute to build team working sharing information and best practices
- Collect and update customer information to ensure an efficient use of CRM and Client Book
- Uphold respect of the company standards and procedures
- Keep stock info updated and follow store-to- store transfer request procedures
- Cultivate customer relationships
- Deliver excellence in customer service in alignment with the company standards
- Identifies and evaluates deeply people’ strengths and areas of improvements based on observation and measurable results. Gives effective feedback to obtain skills and performance improvement.
- Is in charge of delivering the monthly touch base with the supervision of the ASM or SM
- Guarantees the all procedures are properly followed when SM or ASM are not there
Who you are
- Two years’ minimum experience within a luxury brand in the area of expertise
- In-depth department knowledge: collections knowledge in terms of technical and stylistic aspects, ability to effectively present the collections inspiring customers
- Ability to work closely with Store Management and Brand Ambassador to ensure department sales targets are achieved
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to build relationships with clients
- Team player
- Exhibits positivity, is able to influence others, listens and provides effective support to colleagues, has the ability to adapt to different and multicultural personalities.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time