Graduate Trainee, Knitwear Design
Alexander McQueen - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Graduate Trainee to join the WW Knitwear Design Team, based in our central London offices.
The Graduate Trainee will have the opportunity to develop their existing knowledge within a Design department and provide support across a variety of activities. Responsible for ensuring completion of set activities to the highest standard and ensuring alignment with the Designer’s briefs.
How you will contribute?
- Collection research – vintage, editorial, books, galleries, museums
- Maintaining Seasonal sketch and yarn files
- Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
- Amendment of sketches
- Draping on the stand, making toiles
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks for jacquards, intarsias, lace placements, ribs etc
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organising prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Coordinating & preparing samples to be sent out.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation boards.
- Ensuring the knitwear department is organised
- Ad-hoc tasks.
Who you are?
- Previous experience within a knitwear design team.
- Knowledge of yarn mills.
- An excellent understanding of the principals of knitwear.
- You will have a basic knowledge of industry knitwear technical innovations
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office is useful.
- Strong drawing skills
- An understanding of the Alexander McQueen design aesthetic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently in a creative capacity when required
- High level attention to detail,
- Strong interest in Fashion and culture, current and historical
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering & we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom