GUCCI Ready To Wear Materials Research & Sustainability Specialist
Gucci - Regular
NOVARA - Italy
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
We are currently seeking for GUCCI RTW Materials Research and Sustainability Specialist who will report to the RTW Sustainability & Compliance Manager, supporting the research on sustainable materials for Gucci RTW Collection.
You will be an integral part of the RTW Sustainability team and you will carry out the research on new sustainable raw materials (fabrics, fibers, leather, fur and accessories) and play an essential role in the future of sustainability in Gucci.
How you will contribute
- Research and identify sustainable and innovative materials
- Support the data collection, consolidation, and reporting activities
- Ensure that all materials samples are handled correctly
- Support innovative materials development projects in Gucci RTW Collections
- Support suppliers to integrate innovative and sustainable raw material sources or processes, including diligent follow up with various stakeholders
- Give technical support and expertise on sustainable materials and processes: dyeing; finishing, processing
- Track verification certifications for sustainable supply chain projects
- Analyze Gucci’s sustainability strategies to identify and develop potential projects
- Contribute to materials fact sheets and due diligence reports
- Foster relationships whit suppliers to gather supply chain information and data to define actions of improvements and Sustainability vendor rating
Who you are
- A passionate advocate of sustainable raw material sourcing and development in the Luxury sector
- A textile engineering, environmental science or sustainability university graduate
- At least five years experience in materials research and development and preferably some sustainability material sourcing experience
- A highly-organized and rigorous curator with a meticulous eye for detail
- Able to confidently handle multiple projects and multitask
- A team-player who thrives in a fast-moving, international environment with a positive attitude
- A fluent Italian and English speaker with excellent communication skills
- Full time