Womenswear, Senior Knitwear Designer
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Womenswear Senior Knitwear Designer who will report to the Head of Womenswear Knitwear Design, based in our central London offices.
Alexander McQueen is actively searching for a creative Senior Knitwear Designer. The role requires effective collaboration with all womenswear design team members, a high level of attention to detail and confidence working in a fast-paced, hands on and creative environment. The successful candidate will have excellent team skills, strong product sensitivity, knowledge of hand and machine knitwear and yarn mills, all underpinned with a balance of being highly creative with a commercial mindset.
As the Senior Knitwear Designer your role is to drive creativity and innovation within the knitwear category, under the direction of the Head of Knitwear Design.
How you will contribute:
- Collection research – vintage, editorial, books, galleries, museums
- Sketching and technical drawings
- Maintaining Seasonal sketch and yarn files
- Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
- Draping on the stand, making toiles
- Communicating with the Product Development team in Florence
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks for jacquards, intarsias, lace placements, ribs etc
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organising prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Ensuring the knitwear department is organised
- Follow the main collection, from design through to development
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- You will have worked in a luxury fashion house design team
- You will be familiar with current yarn mills and their qualities
- You will have an excellent understanding of the principals of knitwear
- You will have a basic knowledge of industry knitwear technical innovations
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong drawing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Alexander McQueen design aesthetic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently in a creative capacity when required
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Strong interest in Fashion and culture, current and historical
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and requests, while working under pressure
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom