ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Head of Retail
Alexander McQueen - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Head of Retail is the key leadership role within the retail management team and a member of the AMQ Americas leadership team. . He/she is responsible for leading the retail stores in delivering exceptional results and providing the highest standard of AMQ customer service, always thriving for excellence. The Head of Retail is responsible for defining and executing strategic action plans to ensure a strong control and deliverables of KPI’s, product strategies, and CRM activities. The Head of Retail must identify key talent; being able to create and implement development plans, drive a strong induction, ongoing education, and maintain a strong presence within the market, with extraordinary passion for networking and being a Brand Ambassador.
How you will contribute:
- Drive and maximize sales performance to consistently achieve the overall sales target objectives while ensuring operational integrity and monthly profitably plans;
- Drive the implementation of company strategies by coaching, motivating, and supporting the store management teams; ensuring there is strong adoption of and understanding of company strategies.
- Conduct store visits on a consistent basis and evaluate stores in the following key areas - management of team, motivation of team, merchandise, brand knowledge, product knowledge, storytelling, selling strategies, client journeys, competitive knowledge, KPIs, FOH/BOH standards, processes, staff proficiency, business strategy and business tools; Develop store and process enhancements as needed;
- Follow very closely all KPIs as regard to productivity, Client KPIs, cost control and inventory control (shrinkage) and develop measurable action plans to optimize growth.
Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Analyze sales and the different levers in driving business to identify trends and opportunities and develop strategic action plans;
- Actively search and understand market competition with focus on gaining market share;
- Demonstrate effective managerial competencies: team building, collaboration, lead change initiatives;
- Periodic comprehensive reporting to management with strategic content;
- Support the creation of the budget and forecast sales and expense plan by store through close collaboration with Stores Managers, Finance, Business Planning, Merchandising, CRM, Comms;
- Promote brand awareness at the local levels, establish market/store presence, and capture competitive market share; Establish a baseline and benchmarks by market for optimal growth
- Effectively develop and support in executing the strategies essential to peer groups objectives: VM, merchandising, buying, CRM, wholesale, finance, HR. Form a strong partnership with HQ counterparts that is proactive in supporting the development and execution of WW retail strategies.
CRM - Customer Relationship Management:
- Lead partnership with CRM and retail marketing department to optimize deliverables of shared goals. Ensure that stores are on track with established CRM rollouts;
- Guide the managers towards a ROI through achieving targets in CRM actions as well as the tier-growth strategies;
- Ensure store teams are executing their established CRM plans;
- Support the stores and establish accountability while ensuring that the CRM tier plan and Clienteling activity plan achieve the target results;
- Monitor by door the key Clienteling metrics and ensure that stores are achieving desired benchmarks
Performance and Talent Management:
- Continuously monitor store management teams and provide constructive feedback, as needed;
- Partner with Human Resource Manager on complex employee relations issues and escalate, as needed;
- Oversee the annual performance review process and salary planning process for respective stores;
- Identify and create action plans and build development plans for all direct reports and approve of that of all retail employees;
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team; Build a talent pipeline through networking and competitive shopping;
- Ensure a consistent and branded onboarding experience for new hires;
Your Skills & Experience:
- Experience of at least 6 years in store management, with experience in a district role;
- A track record in developing and achieving clienteling activity both in store and outside stores;
- Operates with a high degree of ethics and integrity;
- Strong business acumen, highly analytical, able to present and drive one idea;
- Experience in collaborating with multiple teams - Human Resources, Store Operations, Loss Prevention, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Wholesale, CRM, Legal department, etc;
- Great verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills;
- Very proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strategic and focused on the end results;
- Decisive and collaborates with a team to develop strategies;
- Flexible, adaptable, reliable and able to work well under pressure;
- Extremely well organized and structured – excellent project management skills;
- Able to quickly assess and anticipate needs and provide highest quality of service
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United States of America