BALENCIAGA Assistant Store Manager | Toronto Premium Outlets
Balenciaga - Regular
Manhasset - United States of America
- Opening and closing of the store.
- Ensure stockroom is organized and is set up properly so staff can easily access merchandise.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of store.
- Work towards balanced strengths in sales, operations, merchandising and personnel management.
- Maintain great interpersonal skills to ensure clear, effective communication with all Departments, stores, colleagues and staff.
- Ensure that Customer complaints and feedback are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Support/follow/implement/enforce store operations manual at all times and provide feedback on any updates/changes that might become necessary.
- Maintain a cost conscious approach when suggesting initiatives, when reviewing bills and when making expense decisions. Protecting the bottom line of the company and its sales are paramount to the success of any retail initiative.
- Enforce all sustainability policies that are implemented by the company both locally and globally.
- Responsible for training and development of the staff; provide monthly one on one sessions with staff.
- Work in and promote a team oriented environment that will foster their growth.
- Display strong leadership skills by leading by example.
- Consistently show a positive attitude & take responsibility for own actions.
- Guide the team to be results-driven.
- Encourage transparency and open communication.
- Implement and review store policies/procedures on a regular basis and ensure staff adheres to them.
- Provide in the moment and formal feedback based on observations. Share observations and next steps with direct report. Managers are the eyes and ears for the company.
- In partnership with Store Manager / Direct Report provide training to new hires and provide continuous and specialized training, as needed, to support staff.
- Manage and maintain current programs for optimal sales performance practices, including training books, communication binders, bulletin boards, holds and damages, schedules and backroom organization.
- Hold morning information, motivational, Think Tank meetings in partnership with management team.
- Process Payroll as directed by the company.
- Maintain store schedules.
- Ensure staff adheres to attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure that petty cash & check reconciliation is processed correctly each month and submitted prior to due date.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Customer database, ensure that your team is entering all client data in a timely and accurate manner.
Stock, Inventory & Loss Prevention Management
- Ensure store shrinkage by partnering with the Stock Associate / Operations Manager / Sales Team through sound operational execution.
- Prepare, implement, and execute scheduled inventory in partnership with shared services/loss prevention.
- Cash Registers & Safe: Ensure that the registers and safe are functioning properly and enforce back of house standards for cash/change accuracy along with timely bank deposits.
- Oversee shipping / receiving department; ensure goods are received and placed on floor quickly and accurately, clients’ purchases are shipped out in a timely manner, and inter-store transfers are processed correctly in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the monthly Store Reconciliation and Negative On-hand is completed accurately and submitted on time, in partnership with the Store Manager / Store Operations / Stock Associate/ Loss Prevention.
- Secure all PCI, personal credit information of clients in the store safe.
- Assist with implementation of visual display and merchandising as directed by the SM/Direct Report according to company’s standards.
- Review Display Portal regularly to familiarize yourself with the visual displays of Balenciaga stores around the globe.
- Ensure that all company information related to visual standards, received from Store. Manager and Corporate is communicated to the team as needed.
Store Maintenance Management
- Oversee daily cleaning and physical up-keep of the inside and outside the store.
- Fixtures, shelving, carpeting, lighting, and supplies: Maintain highest standards in the functioning, presentation and maintenance of store property.
- Communicate needs for new fixtures, landscaping, floor/carpet cleaning as needed.
- Ensure proper levels of supplies are on hand at all times.
- Oversee all maintenance and repair calls to ensure quality meets company standards.
Please note that although this document tries to give you an indication of the responsibilities of the position, this is not an exhaustive list of the duties. More tasks may be required by the business in the ever changing retail environment that our industry is built upon.
- Proven experience in a similar role within other fashion luxury companies or several years of experience as a sales associate/operations/department manager within a retail environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to drive results.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
- Talent for managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for fashion industry and high level of personal performance.
- Full time
- United States of America