GUCCI Manager, Retail & Special Projects Marketing
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Manager of Retail & Special Projects Marketing is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of regional 360 marketing strategies which focus upon key store openings and ongoing retail support, pop-ups, brand activations, and special projects. To successfully implement high-impact marketing and events initiatives, the role requires collaboration across the departments and functions of Public Relations, Events, Media, Client, Merchandising, Licensing, Retail, eCommerce, and Wholesale. The retail marketing strategy will be adapted locally, following frameworks and guidelines provided from headquarters and will span all of Gucci’s retail stores and Gucci pop-ups in US and Canada and Watches and Jewelry for the Americas.
In addition, this role will manage special events and client initiatives to support wholesale and leased partners. All strategy and initiatives to be planned in alignment with the special events and client teams. The role is to manage, execute and report on events in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Retail & Special Projects Marketing.
- Assist client and brand engagement team on key store openings and ongoing retail support across North America, considering the full year’s plan and brand priorities;
- Build 360 retail marketing plans, delivering strong and compelling positioning in important cities that support brand image and traffic;
- Tailor strategic go-to-market plans for unique retail concepts that require exceptional creativity, making a statement in the communities they are a part of;
- Collaborate on the strategic development and manage execution of special events and client initiatives for wholesale and leased channels as well as watches and jewelry;
- Liaise with local and worldwide special events and client teams to appropriately integrate partner initiatives and watches and jewelry initiatives, into the overall regional and global strategy, ensuring brand consistency;
- Partner closely with the Gucci Americas partnership team, merchandising, watches and jewelry, Coty, and Kering Eyewear to support key priorities, launches and special initiatives through special events and client initiatives in wholesale and leased environment;
- Communicate frequently and attend meetings with retail partners to maintain relationships and understand strategy and new marketing opportunities;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with brand engagement and client teams to maximize event opportunities;
- Develop and manage special events for watches and jewelry including image, retail driven, trade events and sales campaigns;
- Work with VP, Integrated Marketing and Senior Manager, Retail & Special Projects to manage yearly budgets and reconcile all special event expenses;
- Create post-event reports inclusive of KPIs to share with executive and worldwide teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years in the luxury or fashion sector, with a strong operational background in either brand marketing and communications, special events, or retail marketing;
- Inherent team spirit and the ability to forge meaningful relationships across multiple departments and functions;
- Strong presentation skills – written and verbal – to share and communicate strategy;
- Experience in complex budget preparation and analysis;
- Ability to combine analytical analysis with creative and nuanced marketing strategies;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, which demands both quick thinking and strong attention to detail;
- Strong project management skills;
- Highly proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, excel and word);
- Ability to adopt and learn new systems, analytics tools.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Note for New York City based roles: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
- Full time
- United States of America