KERING Paralegal, Real Estate & Special Projects
Kering - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
KERING Paralegal, Real Estate & Special Projects
Job Family: Legal
Job Title: Paralegal, Real Estate & Special Projects
Location: New York, New York
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.”
Kering is investing in a new role, Paralegal, Real Estate + Special Projects, responsible for supporting the Legal Department and its internal clients in the Americas region. This position will report to the General Counsel in support of the legal department’s contract management system and will be responsible for partnering closely with and supporting in-house counsel and other internal stakeholders on a variety of real estate matters and special projects.
The Kering Americas organization, located across multiple markets in North and South America, supports 4,500 employees working across 10 international luxury brands. The role will require a driven individual, looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, and complex work environment. The position will work closely and require coordinate with various external partners (law firms, landlord counsel, etc.) and internal stakeholders including the business stakeholders across multiple functions - Real Estate, Finance, Construction, Store Planning, among others.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
In this role, you must be able to demonstrate a high degree of detail-oriented organization, strategic thinking, planning, project management, communication, and collaboration skills. In line with Kering’s core values, you will strive to provide a highly responsive, value-added experience to our brands in their real estate dealmaking and support the company’s in-house counsel on various special projects.
- You must be able to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external counsel on all real estate deals, contract management, and special projects, while being able to organize and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Coordinate with internal and external counsel for on managing lease and construction deal flow – including tracking status of lease negotiations, purchase & sale agreements, estoppels, SNDAs and construction agreements.
- Work closely with internal / external counsel, internal stakeholders to maintain status chart of all real estate deals and matters.
- Work closely with all internal counsel and external service provider to maintain and optimize the Legal Department’s contract management database and system.
- Draft, negotiate and provide support for commercial real estate and attendant matters, including retail and office/showroom leasing, amendments, terminations, subleases, estoppels, SNDAs, letters of credit and guarantees, through skilled retail lease drafting, negotiation and editing while balancing business risks and meeting internal objectives, guidelines, and deadlines.
- Work as a collaborative team member of Legal Team in support of the Group’s regional retail lease portfolio, addressing issues with in-house counsel as they arise.
- Collaborate with the Kering Real Estate department, Brand management, Finance, Store Planning, Procurement, Insurance, Security, Facilities, and other internal stakeholder groups to track deal flow and make lease administration process more efficient.
- Help develop and implement new processes, policies and training as needed to making leasing process more efficient across stakeholder community.
- Work with internal counsel to develop, maintain and improve leasing procedures and standards and template provisions and forms including general leasing, construction, architecture, vendor procurement, lien releases and related documents.
WHO YOU ARE
- Approximately 5+ years’ hands-on experience as real estate paralegal or project manager supporting counsel in a fast-paced environment, with sufficient experience and ability to handle responsibilities with minimum supervision. Both external law firm and In-house experience preferred.
- Advanced legal knowledge of retail leasing, real estate contracts, construction contracts, and related agreements.
- Prior use and knowledge of
- Superior analytical and reasoning abilities along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle and manage a variety of internal client demands and significant number of leasing deals simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-stakeholder / group environment.
- Initiative and ability to set strategic goals, while remaining a strong and supportive team member.
- Exercise good judgment and recognize when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Ability to handle sensitive / confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect, and integrity.
- Strong time management, project management and prioritization skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects / matters to closure.
- Strategic thinking with an ability to leverage business sense, creative problem-solving skills and sense of prioritization when resolving issues.
- Exceptional networking and relationship management skills. Prior experience working in global and/or highly matrixed organizations preferred.
- Strong, clear, concise verbal and written communication skills that can adapt based on the audience; comfort in communicating to senior management and internal clients at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external counsel.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Full time
- United States of America