Founded in Florence, Italy, in 1921, Gucci is one of the world’s leading luxury brands. Following the House’s centenary, Gucci forges ahead into the next hundred years, continuing to redefine luxury while celebrating the creativity, Italian craftsmanship, and innovation at the core of its values.
Gucci is part of the global luxury group Kering, which manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in fashion, leather goods, jewelry, and eyewear.
Discover more about Gucci at www.gucci.com.
Corporate PR Senior Manager will work tightly with VP of Brand Engagement to initiate, develop, and implement Corporate PR Strategy, with objective to create and promote the corporate identity and mission to customers, the public, and employees.
This role needs to enhance company’s reputation by managing broad range of area covering CSR, Art & Culture, Beauty and Food & Beverage on top of Fashion.
This position must collaborate with key stakeholders to break organization silos and create synergy. Work closely with Brand Engagement team, HR for corporate topic, Food & Beverage team for Osteria, Merchandising team for Beauty to align company strategy.
Corporate Communication Strategy
- Develop the strategic and creative vision with VP of Brand Engagement to raise awareness on GUCCI’s progressive and responsible social commitment through Chime, Gucci Equilibrium, Gucci Changemakers.
- Plan and execute corporate PR initiatives related to CSR, Art & Culture, Store Promotion and Crisis case handling
- Edit content/proofread for Press Release on branding events, local initiative projects, store opening and CSR related projects, and consolidate press assets with strong quality control
- Pitch high-quality exposure for senior management to reinforce corporate positioning
- Under HQ guideline, explore and evaluate collaborator or partnership opportunities for donation or sponsorship
- Report to HQ on the PR coverage and improvement proposal
Food & Beverage
- Directly manage external PR agency to ensure optimal service and results
- Work with PR agency to identify, coordinate and facilitate media interviews with chef for both content control and logistics support
- Develop new opportunities for collaboration in liaise with Food & Beverage team
- Manage communication budget
- Partner and collaborate with Licensed Business Team in HQ to monitor communication strategy by Coty Japan.
Requirements - Key behavioral competencies - basics
- College Degree.
- 8+ years of working experience in PR fields. Mature yet strong leadership skills
- Excellent industry relationships and partnerships and strong negotiation skills.
- Meticulous and detail oriented while understanding the big picture brand and communication strategy.
- High quality Japanese wording skills to deliver brand message to local audience with strong engagement
- Ability to manage agency partners and hold them accountable for deliverables and results.
- Excellent in both written and spoken English.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Forward thinking, proactive initiator, willing to take challenges and believe in team collaboration.
- Excellent project management and cross functions communications skills.
- Creative thinking - ability to look outside the box and develop new strategies.
- Empowers others, fosters a respectful workplace.
Connecting with Others Department
This role will work closely with MD, VM, Food & Beverage, Retail and HR
Key behavioral competencies – Gucci Amplifiers
- Agile Advocate: demonstrated ability to promote change, to take smart-risks and bring others on board. You know how and when to accelerate
- Strong Talent Builder and People Enabler: you create the space for people to take decisions, considering their unique perspectives. You have a keen eye to help other to grow and learn, no matter whether they report to you or not.
- Considerate thinker: you carefully consider how your actions and decisions impact others around you and have an ability to connect the dots.
- Solution Developer: keep an open eye on trends and innovation, using different approaches to come up with innovative yet pragmatic solutions
- Connection Builder: ability to build trust-based relationships with a strong influencing and presentation skills, adapting messaging based on your audience.
- Accountable Achiever: a willingness to go the extra-mile, pushing self out of the comfort zone, taking accountability for results whether good or bad
- Continuous learner: you are self-aware and have a passion for learning new things. You are curious and constantly seek to develop yourself, putting improvement over comfort.
"Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background."