KERING Assistant/IP Manager
Kering - Regular
Singapore - Singapore
This newly created position is dedicated to advising and supporting our brands of the Luxury & Lifestyle Divisions (“the Brands”) on IP and brand protection matters in South East Asia and the Pacific (“SEA”).
How you will contribute
- Work as one team and in close collaboration within our Legal IP team in APAC, our brands and our Head Quarters for all intellectual property and brand protection matters in SEA and related countries.
- Proactively detect the infringement issues for our brands, devise solutions and manage case in an effective and efficient ways and in accordance with country legal landscape. Be creative in tackling IP issues.
- Conduct ground survey (as and when is necessary), offline and online investigations
- Work closely with all relevant law enforcement authorities and IP industry associations relating to enforcement cases and matters. Conduct brand awareness training for them as well as for our brands.
- Liaise and work closely with lawyers and investigators regarding day to day enforcement matters; both online and offline.
- Learn our brand products and attend to product verification and court testimony (as and when necessary)
- Assist in handling evidence collection or investigation for prosecution cases (i.e. oppositions and cancellations) (as and when may be necessary)
- Maintain cases database, manage budget and assistant in preparing reporting for our brands and business team.
- Manage and work closely with our local business team
- Adhoc task as may be assigned from time to time
Who you are
- BA required or solid equivalent working experience in IP areas. Possessing a law degree with IP study is preferable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar position in SEA with sizeable MNC, consultancy/law firm and/or governmental enforcement agency.
- Good understanding of intellectual property legal framework and brand protection issues in SEA
- Be willing to think outside the box for creative and effective solutions.
- Excellent organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Be a team player and work in a multi-culture environment. Willing to align despite differences.
- Have an outgoing personality
- High level of commitment, motivation and team orientation
- Willing to travel
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time