GUCCI - Department Manager (Cancun)
Gucci - Regular
Quintana Roo - Mexico
Business Development and Sales Management
- Drive and maximize opportunities and sales performance to consistently overachieve the overall sales budget objectives while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly profitably.
- Analyze performance, reporting current business trend to cover every aspect of your department business, as well as, competitor performance to ensure an increase in market share.
- Partner with local Merchandising team providing effective feedback on products and collections to grow the business
- Maintain a high sell-through through communication with business departments to ensure proper stock levels and successful arrivals of product launches in store.
- Develop and implement business action plans in collaboration with the Store Manager to enhance sales for each product category and client tier segment.
- In collaboration with the other managers, lead daily store meetings to communicate current business trends and relevant updates.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement with top clients, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Act as a role model using storytelling to develop an emotional connection for customers with the brand and promote brand loyalty;
- Lead the team on executing superior customer service and after sales experience, to increase and retain customer loyalty;
- In partnership with the Marketing/CRM teams implement strong clienteling initiatives aimed at retaining and developing high potential clients;
- Capture meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize prospect client development opportunities. Monitor Consumer Management database reporting.
- Ensure usage of digital services to increase business opportunities and improve customer service.
Performance and Talent Management
- Working on the shop floor, be in constant contact with your team and what is happening on a day to day basis. Provide support and ongoing feedback to the associates and ensure the development of motivation, sense of belonging and business involvement;
- Conduct monthly performance review sessions to provide constructive and timely feedback. Oversee annual review process and set annual employee goals.
- Identify and build development plans for your team’s succession.
- Attract and recruit the best profiles through networking and market scouting.
- Facilitate the on-boarding plan for every new employee;
- Manage the allocation of staff resources and scheduling to effectively drive sales and ensure excellent customer service;
- Partner with Store Manager and Human Resource Manager for all employee relations issues to ensure effective resolution.
- Promote a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity and superior performance standards, leading by example.
- Ensure interior and exterior image of the department is maintained according to VM guidelines and collaborate with VM to maximize store product availability;
- Ensure the team develops a full product knowledge through specific training on brand pillars and season collection;
- Keep up to date on stock situation and proactively work with local merchandising planning teams on stock consolidation and transfers.
- Collaborate with Operations, Facility, Inventory Control and other cross function departments while adhering to and enforcing all company policies and procedures;
- Maintain full organization of company assets in the back of house and front of house per stock guidelines;
- Daily maintenance of the consignment program to be current and adhere to company policy and procedures;
- Responsible for tracking all special orders through merchandising communication.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales management experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry, as well as additional years of experience in a retail selling capacity;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred;
- Strong result oriented approach
- Ability to inspire and influence a team, with an entrepreneurial vision, and high level of integrity and professionalism;
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results;
- Deep and broad understanding of the customer and luxury landscape in the market/territory;
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge;
- Ability to quickly grasp key trends and to react to changing situations and business needs;
- Verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills;
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Advanced English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Full time