Retail Operations Manager
Gucci - Regular
Ciudad de Mexico - Mexico
Through our new contemporary vision at Gucci, we are inventing a wholly modern approach to fashion and redefining luxury for the 21st century. As part of the global luxury group Kering, we are committed to ‘empowering imagination’ in a sustainable manner and encouraging our employees to flourish. Join our passionate journey and fulfil your potential and creativity
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager who will report to the Retail Area Manager in our corporate office in Mexico.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading the store(s) operations process to ensure support to the business by overseeing an efficient stockroom(s) and accurate inventory with efficient use of the resources. The Operations Manager is a leader that collaborates with the Store Managers and Associate Store Managers and must be proficient in all aspects of the business.
How you will contribute
• Operations Manager works in tandem with Store Managers and Assistant Managers, executing all operational and service standards set forth by Gucci serving as a leader to the stores.
• Ensure the correct flow of merchandise from the logistic to the stores while adhering to all procedures and guidelines, including but not limited to transfers, RTV’s and damages;
• Manages entire shipping and receiving process. Assesses action to be taken to resolve receiving issues;
• Responsible for the efficiency of stockroom operations and the Inventory Operations (monitors weekly floor counts, monthly cycle counts, maintains daily reconciliation of stock discrepancies; annual/semi-annual stock counts, transfers, etc.).
• Manages local warehouse.
• Manage all POS functions to both support the sales team and ensure store compliance;
• Ensures the organization and efficient operation of back of house; train new hires and existing staff on all operating policies and procedures. Coach and develop direct reports in areas of operations, customer service and sales support;
• Develop and share ideas to reduce increase efficiency and reduce costs;
• Identify opportunity for business process improvements and efficiencies and communicate innovative ideas to the Retail Area Manager;
• Support all key business initiatives and strategies and adhere to all company policies and procedures;
• Oversee maintenance and expense budgets of the stores;
• Assist in store openings, closures, and remodels within the country.
• Manages the efficient use of the resources within the stores.
• Ensures overall stores appearance, the maintenance of the visual merchandising standards and the maintenance of the overall standards (in term of technical maintenance, cleanness, staff personal appearance, etc).
• Partnering with Security area, is responsible for loss prevention/Security and therefore, for development/implementation of procedures for loss prevention/security in reference to: cash register, back office procedures, bank deposits, alarm systems, theft prevention, opening/closing of the stores, receipt of goods, etc.
Who you are
• A dynamic and inspiring leader with a strong retail, luxury retail, or service related industry background (at least 4 years of experience in a retail operational role).
• A professional with a management studies, focused on logistics, imports and exports or related fields.
• An experienced professional in POS system operation technology to operate internal retail systems (RFID) and shipping software programs.
• A fluent Spanish and English speaker
• A fashion passionate with a strong result oriented approach and high commitment to the Gucci brand.
• An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills, with ability to analyze information, identify business priorities to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and excellent organizational skills.
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and become part of a thriving team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time