ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Art Director
Alexander McQueen - Regular
- United Kingdom
Alexander McQueen is hiring an Art Director, responsible for the visual image of the house working closely with an external Creative Agency/Art Directors. Overseeing the daily work of other communication departments, guaranteeing that the Creative Direction of the House is respected and conveyed. You will determine the overall style and tone desired for each project and articulate the vision to third parties.
Possessing excellent emotional intelligence, you will be expected to liaise and build relationships with key stakeholders, reporting to the CMO for final sign off at key project stages.
How you will contribute:
- Create the overall design or visual concept, directing those who support in producing the necessary assets, including artwork and layouts.
- Demonstrating a strong knowledge of the House codes and creative direction, determine how best to represent and present a concept visually
- Propose appropriate visual content/ imagery (photo, art, illustrations and other graphics) to the CMO, external Art Directors and Creative Director
- Responsible for overseeing and managing Graphics Design staff
- Review and present designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other staff members
- Regularly liaise with clients to continually develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other Communication departments and cross-functional teams
- Develop detailed budgets and timelines, together with the Production Manager
- Present designs to the Creative Director daily/weekly for approval
- Work with the House’s external Creative Agency/ Art Directors and third parties to execute the direction on designs and layouts
- Support production teams and external Art Directors for set design
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent creative eye with an exceptional understanding of the creative direction of the house
- Strong partnerships with significant industry figures (photographers, editors and directors)
- Extensive proven experience Art Directing for a luxury fashion house, ensuring alignment between senior creatives (internal and external)
- Excellent understanding of the design elements of projects
- Ability to inspire other creative colleagues
- Proven project and budget management experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish new relationships with key creative profiles
- Strong problem solving skills, with a creative yet pragmatic approach to art direction
- Degree in a related discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom