ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Head of Sustainability
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Head of Sustainability to lead the sustainability team at Alexander McQueen. The role will be based in our central London office, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and managing a team of three.
Working in a small team, you would have the opportunity to drive the sustainability agenda within the house and responsible for representing the brand at a Kering Group level. Kering have embarked on an ambitious journey to craft sustainable luxury and as the head of Sustainability, you will have the opportunity to shape this through three key pillars: environmental, social and innovation. You will be required to effectively influence, lead projects and manage change at a pivotal time of growth for the house. This will require an agile and innovative mind, with excellent people and project management skills.
How you will contribute
Strategy Development & KPIs Monitoring:
- Work closely with the CEO and key business partners to execute and implement the sustainability strategy of the brand as well as continually evaluate, augment and develop upon the existing strategy plan, taking into account the Kering objectives and the unique attributes of the DNA and business direction of the House.
- Review and maintain and adapt the Sustainability strategy across the business (environmental, social and innovation) and monitor KPIS on a regular basis throughout the year, regular reporting to the CEO as needed.
- Prepare updates of the strategy for regular reporting to the Kering Chief Sustainability Officer and Report to the Group’s Sustainability department on specific progress against target objectives throughout the year. Participate and contribute to multi-stakeholder projects developed within the Kering Group
Stakeholder & Employee Engagement:
- Oversee, manage and approve all environmental reporting requirements, including the annual environmental reporting requirements, EPR (Extended Producer Reporting) requirements.
- Report and approve data for the Environmental Profit and Loss account, ensuring provision of data by team to the Kering Group in a timely manner
- Manage and coordinate reporting process for all fashion shows and events in accordance to guidelines
- Manage and coordinate training and induction programmes and also suppliers and sub-suppliers with respect to compliance with Kering Sourcing guidelines and prohibited/high risk sourcing lists. Coordinate and implement training across all departments.
- Manage and implement general and specific employee engagement opportunities to raise awareness
Reporting & Compliance & Tracking:
- Manage the House’s security audit programme in collaboration with the Kering internal auditing team, for compliance with all processes
- Manage specific projects related to social compliance and risk, and monitoring of future risks and Identify and develop projects that will support the implementation of best practises in the supply chain
- Work closely with store planning to support the implementation of certification programs across the store network
- Coordination of team to oversee implementation of data-system projects to promote best practices of data collection
- Management of reporting for Kering annual report and other ad hoc external communications in coordination with communications and legal departments
- Provide resource and education for various sustainability subjects and inquiries from brand R&D and suppliers, in alignment with Kering standards and policies
- Provide advice and due diligence on sourcing and tractability of sustainable materials and manage coordination to track and implement sourcing projects in alignment with Kering standards as well as maintaining working knowledge on various types of certifications and testing/verification processes to ensure integrity and traceability of supply chain
- Identify opportunities for the application of new innovations and long term sourcing projects aligned with strategy
- Manage key stakeholder projects across strategy implementation
- Implement, manage, execute key projects for sourcing, circular economy, supply chain traceability/verification and biodiversity
CSR / Environmental Philanthropy Management
- Coordinate and implement special CSR projects with other departments to promote sustainability strategy
Administrative & Budget Management
- Lead and manage a small team, working to embed sustainable initiatives across the business, fostering a strong sense of passion and wellbeing in the team
- Manage Budget and Forecasts for annual and budget revision updates
- Coordinating and overseeing all legal/admin/compliance items related to projects, in collaboration with various departments across the business
Who you are
- Extensive experience working within the sustainability field, ideally gained within a fashion, FMCG or related organisation
- Very strong practical knowledge of sustainable sourcing and materials and supply chains in textile and leather, very strong knowledge of certifications and practical implementation of sustainable sourcing within complex supply chains
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytically minded, confident in demonstrating the ROI of sustainability initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Degree in a related discipline (including but not limited to Sustainability, CSR or Fashion enterprise or Engineering)
Why work with us
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic Sustainability team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
- Full time
- United Kingdom