ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Studio Administration Graduate
Alexander McQueen - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
- United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Studio Graduate Trainee, offering a variety of support to the Alexander McQueen Womenswear Design Studio. Highly service focused, the successful candidate will be adept to working in a fast paced, creative and pressurised environment; with excellent organisation and time management skills.
The role will be well suited to a resourceful and agile individual, working to build a solid foundation across a range of activities in design studio management.
How you will contribute:
As part of a small Studio Management team, you will:
- Provide design studio assistance to the WRTW design team to ensure a smooth, efficient and effective running of the studio, facilitating pre and main collection launches and gaining exposure to the design development process
- Ensure that the stationery cupboard is organised and stocked at all times; reordering as appropriate
- Booking couriers with reception and delivering mail/parcels to the Design team
- Assist in securing travel arrangements for the Design team, including accommodation, transport and itineraries (alongside necessary paperwork)
- Assist in organising catering and refreshments throughout the week for approximately 30-50 people
- Providing financial administrative support to the Design studio, including but not limited to the collection and recording of petty cash and raising POs for suppliers
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment in the Dye room and ensure the Design / fitting space is tidy at all times
- Assist in running errands/ sourcing design materials as required
- Other design administrative activities and project support as required
- Support in onboarding other Graduate Trainees into the Design studio
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience working in a design studio environment for a fashion house
- Computer literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline with evident interest in fashion
- Knowledge of fabrics and the design process advantageous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Hard-working, resilient and flexible
- Problem solving, and solution orientated with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- A strong team player who is considerate of colleagues and maintains the highest standards and level of service
- Ability to be discrete, confidential and reliable at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom