BOTTEGA VENETA - Leather RTW & Denim Product Development Specialist
Bottega Veneta - Regular
MILANO - Italy
Bottega Veneta has set a new standard for luxury since its birth in Vicenza in 1966. Inspired by Italian culture with a global outlook, the house is defined by a distinctly refined attitude. Bottega Veneta uses noble materials to create considered pieces that become part of their owner’s lives. The house embraces a core philosophy of style, innovation and luxury, applied to a full offer for women, men and home.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Specialist that will integrate our Design team in Milan, reporting directly to the Head of Knitwear Leather & Denim RTW.
- Material researches
- Organize and maintain archive of production standards by season, and general archive of developments
- Support the product development team in prototyping and sampling till putting the products into production - keeping in mind the direction and brief given by the designers and being aware of possible organizational impacts.
- Support Design in feasibility, up to date on trends, suggestion on style from a product point of view, keeping in mind merchandising input and consistency in the assigned category
- Coding of the models, compilation of the bill of materials and transfer of information to suppliers
- Involvement in meetings with external stakeholders to review fabrics and collect data necessary for the advancement of the collection (fabrics / accessories / leather to be sent, update of the bill of materials, etc.)
- Collect information about changes, improvements during fittings and ensure that product developers update technical sheets in PLM.
- Experience of product development within the Luxury Fashion industry
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience and knowledge of leather RTW
- Knowledge of suppliers of the intermediate processing on leather, RTW and Denim. Knowledge must be related to their technical skills, machinery and equipment, cost and responsiveness
- Experience of managing Product Development calendar and of working closely with manufacturers for development
- Effective relationship management with design and merchandising teams
- Passionate about product design and development
- Excellent knowledge of Office package, in particular Excel / Access, Stealth and PLM information systems
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time