Kering - Regular
London - United Kingdom
As a global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2020, Kering had nearly 38,000 employees and restated revenue of €13.1 billion.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager to join our team based in London.
As part of the Facilities team, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent team working attitude, communicate with people at all levels, have a hands-on approach to problem solving and work on their own initiative.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a customer facing job role, experience in a similar position and be London based for callouts.
How you will contribute
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to manage the maintenance across our UK stores and offices. The successful candidate will have experience working in a customer facing job role, experience in a previous role doing maintenance and be London based for callouts. Reporting to the Head of Operations and based in our office in London with fluid travel to our offices in Ireland, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the Kering offices and the DOS and POS of the Brands which do not have facilities support
- Ensure that all maintenance related matters are expedited with minimum interruption to business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Manage lighting, HVAC issues, movement of furniture and small repairs
- Carry out regular walk-through of all premises to ensure they are fully prepared for business trading and that they reflect their respective Company’s image
- Supervise any contracted/out-sourced services for building related matters
- Responsible for identifying Health and Safety risks in each location, compile and maintaining any necessary reports whilst supervising the work to rectify the identified problems, in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure maintenance contracts are in place where appropriate and advice internal stakeholders on competitive tender negotiations with Kering Procurement team
- Supervise maintenance visits and compile relevant records
- Communicate technical matters, specifications and all required information to contractors in order to complete their task. Final checking of the completed work to ensure that it was carried out to the highest grade
- Onsite supervision of contractors for specific, ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Liaise with the brands Store Planning teams on all retail facilities tasks in order to ensure that all established material, finish, furniture, fixture specifications are adhered to in fit-out projects
- Liaise with Kering IT Dept on any IT related issues affecting the stores and offices
- Effectively oversee and support the brands on any site moves, including all logistics, communications and risk assessments, to ensure that the relocation transition is smooth, mitigating problems and minimizing disruption whilst respecting time, cost and aesthetic
- Support the Head of Operations for offices internal space management, planning the best allocation and utilisation of space
- Directly manage and support the Maintenance and Handyman Operative by supporting their development, completing performance reviews for them and providing other line manager support including coaching and training
Who you are
- At least 3 years’ experience within a similar facilities role
- Experience within the retail industry highly desirable
- Ability to manage conflicts calmly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Decision making ability and sense of responsibility
- Planning and organizational skills with a passion for Facilities Management and H&S
- Confidence and ability to work well under pressure
- IT skills – Microsoft Office, AutoCad
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom