Kering Digital - Venture Associate H/F
Kering - Regular
Kering is a global luxury Group with an ensemble of luxury Houses in fashion, leather goods, jewellery and watches: Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Brioni, Boucheron, Dodo, Girard-Perregaux, Pomellato, Qeelin and Ulysse Nardin
Kering is a luxury Group in motion, audacious and free to make its own choices. By ‘empowering imagination’, Kering encourages its brands to reach their full potential, in the most sustainable manner
Already one of the leaders in the luxury sector, Kering has been experimenting, over the past quarters, an excellent performance due to a modern vision for luxury putting creativity and entrepreneurship at the center of its model.
To go even further, Kering has the ambition to take the lead in anticipating how technologies will disrupt the traditional luxury value chain and to that end, has launched a strong innovation effort with the creation of a Direction of Innovation reporting directly to Kering Chief Client and Digital Officer, member of Kering’s Executive Committee.
In order to complete its mission and get exposure to innovative trends worldwide, Kering Direction of Innovation has first invested in several Venture Capital firms and is now setting up a new direct investment strategy.
We are recruiting an Investment Associate who will be part of the launch team, providing a unique opportunity to join the project at the ground level.
This new hire will be an integral member of Kering Innovation team. You will work alongside a senior member of the team through each stage of the investment process, from deal sourcing, initial meetings with entrepreneurs, through due diligence and investment recommendations. You will also be actively involved in supporting our portfolio companies.
Your Key Missions will be the following
We are seeking a super motivated and resourceful individual to join the investment team as an Analyst or Associate. Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing relationships with our international VC partners, internal/external networks to build and qualify our deal flow
- Identifying and reaching out to top investment prospects
- Conducting screening interviews and assessing fit with Kering’s investment strategy
- Supporting the due diligence process including meeting notes & references, investment memo drafting, technology and business model assessment, industry research and market sizing, competition analysis and barriers to entry, associated risks identification
- Monitoring progress, produce and update periodic performance reports
- Identifying and delivering on opportunities to accelerate the success of our portfolio, including potential partnerships or other synergies within the Kering group and its affiliates
- Gathering information from industry experts, update knowledge database, and create high-quality industry content for both internal and external purpose
- Participating in startup and tech community meetups, industry conferences and help organize unique events
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate about new technologies. Strong connection and/or desire to integrate with the innovation / tech ecosystems worldwide: US & Europe (Israel or Asia a plus)
- 4-5+ years’ experience in an analytical role (such as a major investment bank, consulting firm, venture capital or private equity firm, or technology company)
- Solid diligence capabilities, with developed analytical and conceptual skills, strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal, written communication & interpersonal skills, willing to articulate well-reasoned investment opportunities. Your desire to reach out and start conversations with entrepreneurs is critical
- Organized, extraordinary attention to detail, with strong project management skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to handle all relationships judiciously and empathetically. You will understand the need for a close working relationship with other internal teams
- Ability to work with senior top management
- French and English fluent
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and please answer the 3 questions below (150 words maximum for each):
If you were trying to speak with the founders of an interesting startup, which 3 people would you contact first? How would you get in touch with them if not part of your direct network?
Select a startup and pitch it to us as if we were potential investors.
- What is one startup that impresses most people, but makes you skeptical? Why?
- Full time