KERING - GL Accounting Manager (R2R)
Kering - Regular
BERLIN - Germany
Between 2013 and 2019, Kering has built a strong network of 17 Finance Shared Service Centres, covering all brands present in the main regions of the group. This common structure and governance promote process harmonization and best practices sharing across geographies, helping Kering becoming an integrated luxury group.
With very strong sponsorship from group senior management, Kering Finance Shared Services (FSS) has initiated a global transformation to re-invent and streamline shared service processes. This project leverages significant investment in technology (Implementation of SAP FMS & S4 Finance, Blackline, Concur, Esker, Avalara, IBM Tririga…) and will span over 3 years (2019 to 2021). A global change community has been set-up across Kering FSS and change management is supported by external consultants.
In this context of global finance transformation, Kering Germany Finance Shared Services is currently seeking a General Ledger (GL) Accounting Manager. If you are passionate, curious and collaborative, come and join our dynamic team in Berlin.
As Kering GL Accounting Manager for Germany, you will report to the Head of Finance Shared Services Germany.
Your main objectives will include:
- Successfully lead the implementation and adoption of the R2R solution (Blackline) and other global finance transformation initiatives for the FSS in Germany.
- Support Kering brands locally by providing and animating added-value and reliable reporting and budgeting/forecasting insights and producing financial statements compliant with local requirements.
How you will contribute
- Lead the move towards continuous accounting and fast closing leveraging new tools and working in close collaboration with Kering Germany FSS teams, Brands and EMEA/worldwide finance shared services teams. The objective is to reduce the monthly closing timing by 50% and spread the work throughout the month.
- Monitor, communicate and define corrective actions with Brands and/or regional finance shared service team regarding the quality of monthly closings
- Organize the roles & responsibilities within the R2R/Controlling team focusing on process expertise to improve efficiency and quality of financial reporting
- Maintain SAP analytical structures relevant to Brands and in line with Group model for Germany entities
- Support Brand management for the German market by delivering reliable reporting and budgeting insights and providing finance expertise on local activities: boutique opening, lease accounting, fixed assets, …
- Deliver and ensure compliant filing of local statutory financial statements
- Support Head of Kering FSS Germany in the organization of the local team’s work (Controlling/R2R, P2P, O2C, BCM)
- Work closely with worldwide/EMEA FSS teams to implement global finance transformation initiatives locally.
- Create a strong relationship with Brand finance teams to provide the expected level of services
Who you are
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university or Bilanzbuchhalter
- 10+ years’ relevant experience with a focus on GL Accounting and Controlling, a very good understanding of General Accounting (IFRS and local)
- Audit firm training / background (Big4 or mid tier firms)
- Experience in shared services or complex matrix organization
- Strong background leading finance process improvement, standardization initiatives and finance system implementation: preferably SAP, Hyperion & R2R tool (Blackline…)
- IT & process driven professional. Working knowledge of Power BI.
- Good understanding of retail lease accounting (IFRS16) and retail business in general
- Full proficiency in English and German – verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a thriving team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time