KERING Group Human Resources Shared Services Center Operations and Project Manager
Kering - Regular
MILANO - Italy
Reporting directly to the Kering Global HR Shared Services Director, you will be in charge to implement and drive operationally HR Shared Services standards (Services Catalogue, SLAs, processes) and systems (WD, Payroll providers, T&A). You will be also responsible to monitor and secure all HR Shared Services Projects management phases. This role requires real passion for service excellence, with a natural ability to build connections with stakeholder’s by providing sound advice and support.
How you will contribute
- Support the HRSS teams across all the project management phases, from prerequisites checks to phase design, through stakeholder’s identification and alignment with other Group functions
- Ensure HRSS implementation of common set of standard definitions, manage convergence. Drive service delivery review with HRSS
- Ensure HRSS monitoring on employee and Brand experience
- Manage offer by building bespoke offer when required out of the standards and by benchmarking services in HR operations on the market, ensure best practices implementation and effectiveness across HRSS centers
- Support analysis on opportunities to open, close, consolidate (inc. outsourcing)
- Manage Global Vendor and support any new supplier selection
- Ensure excellence in Payroll, Time Tracking and Absence tools by defining recommended model and assessing each local status to propose and drive the defined approach
Who you are
- Post-secondary graduate in Business Administration, Managing Engineer, Economics, Statistics or related fields
- You have a strong and senior experience in HR Operations and Shared Services Centre management gained in international organizations and have a multicultural approach
- Experienced in complex (cross countries and cross functions) project management
- An excellent communicator at all levels in the organization and with different stakeholders
- You have personal integrity with strong ethics consistent with Kering’s culture and values
- Capable of working independently, exceptionally organized and accurate with solid methodological skills and high attention to details
- A strong team player able to reach objectives and work under tight deadlines
- Committed to self-development, problem solver, proactive with a can-do attitude
- Willing to travel with high frequency
- You have strong expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Workday and Service Now would be an advantage
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken); French and Italian are a plus
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary transformation and become part of a dynamic team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time