Watches & Jewelry Wholesale Merchandiser
Gucci - Regular
Reporting to the Watches & Jewelry Merchandising Manager he/she will support in overseeing the wholesale business by constantly monitoring performances and being the single point of contact for the markets. Moreover, he/she will support the Category business by building sales volume and profitability while ensuring brand coherence across markets and channels of distribution.
Market Intelligence & Business Development
- Continuously analyze selling trends and develop action plans based on product and market performance
- Maximize sales results by market/channel through permanent collaborations with the regional representatives in order to better understand each market and exploit business opportunities
- Stimulate and structure the exchange of information with markets in terms of product needs, business trends, competitors offer etc. through constant follow up and market visit
- Develop communication tools to animating the network and feed markets with clear and relevant information (product updates, deliveries etc)
- Define special Packaging and VM needs for the wholesale channel together with collection merchandising and all other departments involved
Buying and Sales Meeting activities
- Collaborate closely with Retail Merchandising to align product and assortment strategy between DOS and Wholesale channel
- Present the collection and product strategy during the selling campaign and sales meetings to wholesale representatives and customers
- Define coherent assortment guidelines for the different channels and markets to ensure a balanced global product mix
- Develop and produce all necessary buying tools to ensure a smooth order entry by all parties
- Support the sales and planning team in the preparation of sales meetings, Basel Fair and major events, ensuring the availability of samples and all relevant product information
- Manage the buying process by channel/market and lead the final review process
- Become a reference point for regional wholesale teams
- Assure a proper translation of HQ key messages into regional structures
- Constantly communicate with all related departments to implement smooth processes and strong collaboration
- University education or equivalent.
- Fluent in Italian/French/English
- 3-5 years of experience in a Merchandising / Marketing / Business Development position preferably in the luxury goods industry.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, well-organized, analytical skills, flexible, team oriented.
- Proactive and able to work in autonomy keeping management updated on progress.
- Highly committed, passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business
- Strong product affinity, aesthetical sensibility and passion for fashion.
- Full time