BOTTEGA VENETA, Senior Retail Business Analyst
Bottega Veneta - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Senior Retail Business Analyst is a highly technical and specialized position reporting directly to the General Merchandise Manager with additional direct contact with the CEO and the CFO.
How you will contribute
- Lead Customer Relationship Management (CRM) as the technical expert charged with implementing the company’s worldwide CRM analytics programs and processing within the Americas region.
- Use specialized knowledge of Global Luxury Retail to evaluate and address the company’s retail operations across the Americas region to improve performance and ensure that actions are based on data and in line with brand expectations.
- Utilize in-house technology programs and processes to develop and implement data-driven analysis to bolster the company’s ability to achieve growth of their retail network.
- Analyze sales data and reporting on Key Performance Indicators by associate and by region.
- Implement and maintain all projects related to store sales, focusing on individual KPIs, monthly initiatives, and daily sales.
- Study analytics financial information to identify areas of business opportunity and improve processes using advanced analytics and connecting these opportunities to larger strategic initiatives.
- Design, analyze, and implement company-specific CRM programs and projects across the Americas region.
- Study worldwide CRM and analytics initiatives and tailoring them to meet the specific needs and requirements of the Americas operations and resources.
- Analyze and reflect on current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance; revise in-season plans for sales and profitability based on current performance.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team to identify growth opportunities and business challenges during planning process and working collaboratively to ensure plans meet company objectives.
- Implement action plans to achieve sales target.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Marketing, Business Information Systems, or related discipline, or foreign equivalent, and three (3) years of experience in global luxury retail as a business analyst or related position.
- 25% travel required (15% domestic and 10% international).
Work experience in the following:
- Using MicroStrategy systems for dashboard and report creation.
- Implementing luxury retail business performance projects and related analysis;
- Designing and implementing company-specific CRM programs;
- Performance planning for Luxury Retail operations.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- North America
- United States of America