KERING E-Commerce Operations Coordinator
Kering - Regular
Sydney - Australia
Directly reporting to the Logistics Manager, this role supports the e-commerce logistics and operations in the geography of competence.
The individual must develop a full understanding of business flows, as they will act as the primary point of contact between internal stakeholders (ie. brands, Client Services) and operations (Backoffice teams, 3PLs and delivery partners, return and customer experience). The main focus of this role will be to effectively translate business requirements into operating processes that deliver a high level of service to Kering’s luxury clients.
How you will contribute
- Manage the full implementation of e-commerce services in line with brands business targets
- Coordinate the operations of the 3PL and Delivery Partners in terms of definition of targets, priorities and requirements including :
- Customer experience (NPS, Feedback, Verbatim analysis)
- Manage the replenishment of packaging and other consumables
- Manage ad-hoc initiatives and exceptions
- Maintain and develop KPI and SLA necessary to ensure full control over e-commerce operations
- Monitor the 3PL performance indicators and drive their achievement to meet business targets.
- Monitor the performance of express couriers and share necessary operational requirements
- Support of the definition and implementation of projects and initiatives driven both by the HQ and the Region to ensure the constant alignment of the e-commerce flows with business needs
- Collect operational requirements and share them with HQ Operations and Digital team to support the identification and implementation of IT tools and systems
- Coordinate communication and actions with Technology department to ensure respect of project milestones
- Organize regular alignment meetings with internal stakeholders to share performance achievements and identify business priorities and requirements to implement
- Weekly report to the Ecommerce Operation group on main KPI defined by the group
Who you are
- Experience of e-commerce logistics development in fashion (preferably luxury)
- Background in operations and transportation would represent a significant plus
- Knowledge of e-commerce logistics best practice & market trends
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Fluent English spoken and written; Italian and French knowledge would be a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office especially Excel
- Capacity to share with double reporting
- Be openminded & Customer centric (brand and final client)
- Capacity to work under pressure and to prioritize multiple tasks and inputs from stakeholders
- Pro-active approach in finding out innovative solutions
- Ability to travel if required
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Australasia / South Pacific