SAINT LAURENT Retail Director
Saint Laurent - Regular
Sydney - Australia
ABOUT SAINT LAURENT
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio-cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April 2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
This position is based in the Sydney Saint Laurent office, directly reporting to the General Manager SEAO and is responsible for leading the retail team and managing all retail stores in Australia and New Zealand network. Setting principles and guidelines to Store Directors and ensuring an optimal and motivating work climate. Formulating and implementing policies, strategies, and business development plans of the stores to achieve or exceed sales and profits objectives.
• Implement the strategic retail plan and develop a customer strategy for Australia and New Zealand markets
• To be an ambassador of the brand and promote the culture of the brand internally and externally
• To deploy and promote the Retail Excellence culture in all stores within the network
• Manage regional business plans to ensure the short, mid and long-term profitable growth of the brand.
• Formulate monthly/annual sales forecasts, as well as setting appropriate targets, to facilitate the planning and optimization of P&L
• To work closely with all corporate functions to ensure that the stores receive the required support to facilitate achievement of the business plans
• Review operational records and reports to project sales, be on top of market trends and drive profitability for region
• Manage and oversee daily store operations, including but not limited to sales, expense control, staff recruitment, training, inventory management, security and safety etc.
• Drive a high-performance management culture within the retail teams; ensure there is timely coaching and robust team development conversations to support overall company’s talent retention and management strategy
• Monitor and review the performance of retail team, tracking KPI achievements and actively provide training, performance feedback and action plan as needed
• Drive retail team to maintain positive customer relations and implement relating clienteling strategies to develop customer loyalty
• Collaborate with different departments to ensure store staff compliant with corporate standards, policies and procedures
• Maintain regular communication with the General Manager, providing insightful reporting on region’s sales performance, store activities, inventory situations and any other important issues
• Evaluate market opportunities and actively support project management of new stores opening/ relocation/renovation
• Perform other related ad hoc tasks and projects when necessary
• Minimum 10 years of experience in retail function, solid experience in fashion retail is preferred
• Commercially astute and proficient in managing retail P&L
• Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in coaching and developing a team
• Detail-oriented, strategic and results-driven individual
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
• Excellent command of English
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Australasia / South Pacific