ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Designer, Men’s RTW
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Men’s RTW Designer who will report to the Director of Menswear based in our central London offices.
Alexander McQueen is actively searching for a Designer to support the Director of Menswear on the Men's RTW collections.
How you will contribute:
• Follow the main collection, from design through to development for all men’s ready to wear product categories
• Responsible for the day to day follow up with product development teams, ensuring deadlines are respected
• Undertake research and produce sketches on Photoshop and Illustrator for Design reviews
• Prepare technical packs (including garment description for development)
• Creative development and draping on stand
• Undertake technical design aspects as well as participate and lead in fittings
• Support and oversee all studio activity
• Work closely on seasonal developments directly with the in-house atelier
• Effective management of deadlines
• Responsible for maintaining a quality consistent, consolidated look across the MRTW category
• Work with merchandising teams to consider and incorporate commercial needs.
Your Skills and Experience:
• An ‘all-rounder’ interested in all aspects of the design process (creative, draping and tests on stand, textile development, fittings, and follow up)
• Previous experience working in a design role for a contemporary, high end brand
• Excellent experience in developing, organisation and sampling, working with developers internationally
• Collection range knowledge relating to sales and working with merchandising
• Market awareness of high-end contemporary product internationally as well as McQ’s design influences – street/youth culture, fashion/design/culture history
• Exceptional technical knowledge
• Excellent computer skills (Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel)
• Adaptable, fast and proactive, with a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong portfolio demonstrating technical drawings (Illustrator), sketches and colour mock-ups (Photoshop)
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom