BOTTEGA VENETA - EMEA Store Planning and Facilities Manager
Bottega Veneta - Regular
MILANO - Italy
Bottega Veneta has set a new standard for luxury since its birth in Vicenza in 1966. Inspired by Italian culture with a global outlook, the house is defined by a distinctly refined attitude. Bottega Veneta uses noble materials to create considered pieces that become part of their owner’s lives. The house embraces a core philosophy of style, innovation and luxury, applied to a full offer for women, men and home.
We are currently seeking an EMEA Store Planning and Facilities Manager as part of our dynamic team in Milan Offices.
Responsible to manage the entire process of the various store openings and projects, from due-diligence to layout definition, from organization to final delivery, respecting concept guidelines as well as local requirements, acting as point of reference for all professional representatives involved, internal and external to the company. Responsible for coordinating activities of the Store Maintenance Team.
By working closely with the regional business unit in addition to the worldwide store planning teams and Kering departments for the renovation of existing or development of new stores with particular focus on high profile projects.
In charge of technical/time/cost/quality control along with collaboration on sourcing strategies and managing all local consultant teams necessary for the successful delivery of the projects
Responsible of working closely with all the functions (Product, Retail, Wholesale, Finance, Legal, Visual Merchandising, IT, Loss Prevention) to ensure the correct development of all aspects of the project.
The position reports directly to Country CEO and functionally to the WW Store Planning Director.
How you will contribute
- Prepare due diligence & feasibility studies, to evaluate locations, estimate budgets and timings
- Collaborate with Legal Dept. for contract definition
- Collect start-up information from corporate and local parties necessary to develop the design in accordance with company and department standards
- Coordinate with global design teams for the preparation and review of designs in all phases of the projects
- Organize and facilitate all regional reviews with internal and external parties
- Manage and report project costs and scheduling developments in accordance with the regional and global guidelines
- Organize and manage all pertinent consultants for the necessary documentation for construction, permitting and compliance respecting both local and company codes
- Manage procurement and orders and of all necessary materials and equipment
- Review all project related documentation to ensure compliance and consistency with design, contractual and compliance standards
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the renovation or creation of new boutiques
- Periodic factory and site inspections to ensure compliance of production and developments
- Facilitate handover to retail team and necessary support for the successful openings/completion of the projects
- Manage and archive necessary documentation for the various phases of the project
- Support regional and global analysis and strategies
- Collaborate and review Facility and Maintenance plan formulation & progress
- Coordinate with Facility dept on store network developments
- Facilitate training on evolution of store design and developments
- Responsible for consolidation of Facility and Maintenance reporting to Regional CEO
Who you are
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 8-10 years experience in a similar position and in luxury retail
- Languages: Fluent in Italian and English, both written and spoken
- Must have excellent scheduling skills with experience in project phasing and project rollouts
- Strong Problem solving and decision-making skills. Able to work independently, but also collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Multitasking, able to quickly shift from design creativity to admin/management
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and attention to detail and deadline-oriented;
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD;
- Excellent understanding of design drawings and project documentation;
- Knowledge of standard quality for means, methods and materials in construction and millwork required for a luxury environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Frequent travel required
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time