KERING Corporate Counsel – South East Asia
Kering - Regular
Central Singapore - Singapore
We are currently seeking a Corporate Counsel, South East Asia who will report to the Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Counsel, KERING Asia Pacific.
This is a newly created position - the Corporate Counsel is responsible to provide legal services with regard to leases, privacy, social media and marketing, corporate services, human resources, E-Commerce, sales and purchase, sourcing and procurement, franchise, wholesale and other general commercial matters of KERING Group companies in South East Asia. Beside strong expertise in general contract drafting skills, a candidate for this role will have solid strong legal expertise and experience in respect of tenancy and real estate transactions (domestic, foreign and cross-border), franchise and wholesale arrangement as well as e-commence regulations in the South East Asia region.
This role will report into and work under the supervision of the Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Counsel, KERING Asia Pacific. He/she will also work closely with and provide support as needed to other lawyers and professionals in the Kering Legal team.
How you will contribute
Corporate Legal Work & other Duties / Employment Law related Duties
- Provide practical, timely and high-quality legal counseling in all areas of employment law to Senior Executives, Business Leaders and Human Resources professionals of KERING Group Companies in South East Asia. Work with other corporate counsels in the Asia Pacific legal team and external law firms on local legal requirements in your area of legal expertise and provide contract templates as appropriate.
- Provide advice and direction for investigations, terminations and employee disputes
- Verify and draft responses to departments of labor and other relevant governmental agencies
- Provide counseling and advice to Senior Executives, Business Leaders and Human Resources professionals regarding privacy rights, equivalent legal matters, employee mobility issues, reorganizations, acquisitions, workforce reductions and other areas across the Group’s regional operations
- Support HR professionals by reviewing, revising and/or drafting corporate human resources policies, employment letters, service agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements and other agreements as needed
- Develop and conduct training for Managers and HR professionals on topics involving employment law compliance
- Coordinate and manage employment related legal matters handled by outside counsels, including any employment litigation matters
Corporate Counseling & other Duties
- Provide counseling to Sourcing and Procurement professionals in South East Asia and draft and review manufacturer, buying agent, exclusive supply and R&D agreements as well as procurement contracts for IT solutions, store fixtures, POS materials and advertising materials (“Procurement Contracts”)
- Draft, review and negotiate general sales terms, wholesale, franchise, agency, distributorship, concession (Shop-in-Shop) and consignment contracts (“Distribution Contracts”)
- Liaise with other corporate counsels in the Asia Pacific legal team and local external law firms to provide contract templates and standard clauses for Distribution, Franchise, Procurement and Marketing Contracts
- Prepare and review lease agreements, LOI’s and such other agreements related to planning and construction of DOS and/or shop-in-shop, including appointment of architects or other professional consultants, and provide contract templates and standard clauses if appropriate
- Prepare and review logistics service agreements
- Build and maintain relationships with external legal counsel and consult on matters outside of personal expertise in a cost-efficient manner
- Provide legal advice with regard to corporate websites, social media, draft website and email legal notices, warranties, disclaimer and privacy statements under consumer protection law considerations
- Analyze and apply regional data protection and privacy laws and regulations and provide solution-based legal advice and guidance in such areas to local management. Create and provide legal training, and best practices in such areas to executive management and sales professionals
- Develop and implement personal data protection policies and guidelines and develop and implement privacy and data protection agreements, standards and procedures in relation to partners, affiliates and vendors for compliance with applicable data protection and privacy laws
- Provide legal advice on direct marketing, advertising and media activities under Unfair Competition, Privacy, Advertising and Consumer Protection law considerations
- Provide corporate secretarial advice and services to the Group’s entities in a timely manner
- Give practical advice to management that promotes effective and efficient achievement of operational business goals while balancing risk and minimizing potential legal liability
- Develop expertise in relevant business and operational processes in order to deliver outstanding and timely strategic legal advice
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal business and legal partners and outside resources
Who you are
- Qualified Lawyer from a civil or common law jurisdiction
- Post-graduate degree in law and admission to the Bar
- Minimum of 6 years relevant post-qualification experience in similar position, preferably in both a top-tier corporate law firm and multi-national company
- Strong understanding of corporate, employment and company laws in the South East Asia region, Additional e-commence related experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of consumer protection related laws and regulations in the South East Asia region, in particular privacy and data protection laws. Additional knowledge of cartel, anti-trust and unfair competition laws in South East Asia is a plus
- Strong contract drafting skills
- International work experience required
- Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications
- Strong communicator and influencer capable of interacting and leading change with senior executive leaders
- Strong at balancing risk and opportunity and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across different Brand cultures and all levels of management
- Great business acumen
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Team player, self-motivating, collaborative and energetic
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and at least one other language
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business bybecoming part of a thriving Atelierin a global Luxury Groupthat offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time