KERING Senior Intellectual Property Manager – China and Taiwan Region
Kering - Regular
Shanghai - China
How you will contribute
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Intellectual Property, Asia Pacific to design and implement effective anti-counterfeiting and brand protection strategies for the Brands
- Work as ONE team and in close collaboration with Kering and our Brands Legal-IP teams from Europe and Asia Pacific
- To assist in the preparation, negotiation and execution of commercial projects for our Brands where IP is part of the consideration and key elements.
- Be dedicated to clearances, searches, prior rights verifications, license agreement and release agreement … etc
- Assist and give advice (as appropriate) to the Brands in relation to IP portfolio related matters.
- Implement an agreed offline anti-counterfeiting strategy in China and Taiwan with the objective of halting the exportation, importation, distribution and sales of counterfeit products of the Brands proactively.
- Demonstrate a solid expertise and ability in enforcing any IPR infringement in China and Taiwan directly and/or through private investigators and law firms (“Vendors”)
- Manage effectively IP litigations, investigations, ground work and enforcement actions, liaise with outside counsels and Brands Legal-IP legal teams on strategic planning
- Closely monitor, enhance and instruct a portfolio of Vendors and leverage on the size of our Group by negotiating Group discounts. Ensure Vendors compliance to the Group policies and China and Taiwan Laws and Regulations at all times
- Establish and maintain excellent but strictly ethical working relationships with the relevant law enforcement agencies, and particularly National Customs, the Public Security Bureau, the Administration of Industry and Commerce and the Trade Mark Office
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the governmental and non-governmental organizations, trade associations and brand owners, and particularly the Quality Brand Protection Committee, the Chambers of Commerce and the Intellectual Property and Customs attaches of the European Embassies. Support their key brand protection initiatives
- Actively engage in Brands awareness and educational programs by preparing and delivering trainings to law enforcement agencies and all staff of the Group in China
- Communicate with and report to the colleagues and the Brands in a clear and result driven and timely manner
- Supervise the Legal-IP team (as may be required) e.g. China or other areas in the region.
- To perform adhoc project as may be assigned from time to time.
Who you are
Experience, business and technical skills
- Be passionate about our industry and Brands
- LLB in criminal and/or IP law, LLM in IP is a plus. Qualified lawyers is preferable.
- Minimum of 15-20+ years relevant experience in a similar position in China or Asia with sizeable MNC, consultancy/law firm and/or governmental enforcement agency / local Chinese company. The candidate must have strong experience in house and/or in a law firm.
- Sound understanding and solution of legal IP issues.
- Integrity and ethical behavior are paramount. Knowledge of the national and international anti bribery laws (i.e. FCPA, UK anti bribery Act, etc.) is desirable
- Be creative and willing to think outside the box for solutions of the issues and look at matters from different perspectives.
- Good interpersonal skills and a sound communication skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner
- Strong organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Show a strong competence to manage and supervise a local IP team to deliver results in a timely, professional and quality manner.
- High level of commitment, motivation and team orientation
- Be a team player and motivate to the team.
- Fluent in Chinese. Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time