SAINT LAURENT Merchandising Manager
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - China
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Manager who will report to the General Merchandising Manager, China as part of our dynamic team in China.
You will partner with GMM in managing analyzing and driving business for the Saint Laurent Paris’s stores across China. This will involve understanding and communicating market needs and business specificities in order to achieve company goals.
- Develop and execute strategic business driving initiative cross all department under Men division (LUGGAGE, SLG,RTW, SHOES, SILKs, JEWELERY & SUNGLASSES)
- Making decisions on buying products in accordance to the pre-agreed Open-To-Buy amounts among styles, fabrics, functionalities, colors, etc. in order to maximize sales, inventory turn, profitability and Brand image.
- Responsible for implementing the merchandising strategies and ensuring that product mix is available to meet customer demands whilst driving the business forward in the merchandise category.
- Compose weekly, seasonal, and each ad hoc business recaps that shows analysis of financial performance
- Responsible for merchandise mix and assortment planning in accordance with respective merchandising strategies set by management for different Direct Operating Stores (DOS)
- Plan for and execute buying activities of designated product categories
- Monitor inventory, delivery and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations to DOS and co-ordination with stores and warehouse for stock replenishment issues
- Monitor sales and sell-through situations and execute appropriate strategies and tactics to liquidate stocks and boost sales, and take care of all mark-down/mark-up and merchandise related issues for seasonal sale periods
- Provide product training and fashion trend information to the front-line staff
- Regularly report to management for sales performance, merchandise mix, inventory situations and important issues, etc.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and target customer profile through regular research and competitive analysis
- Communicate to worldwide merchants on product feedback and market needs including strategic pricing and product placement
- Own the product life cycle including seasonal assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection
- Demonstrate keen understanding of product, design and industry trends in order to aid product decisions and smart risk- taking
- Work closely with other internal departments including: Marketing, E-commerce, Operations, Visual Merchandising, Public Relations and Customer Service
- International travel to Paris as well local travel within Mainland China
- Education background: Bachelor degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fashion merchandising/buying role with international fashion/luxury brand companies
- Strong fashion and market sense with solid high-end fashion buying experience for the China market
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Excellent presentation, planning and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and communicator with a proven track record in leading, coaching, developing and succession planning of buying team
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Extensive traveling will be required
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time