Gucci - Regular
Perisur - Mexico
Through our new contemporary vision at Gucci, we are inventing a wholly modern approach to fashion and redefining luxury for the 21st century. As part of the global luxury group Kering, we are committed to ‘empowering imagination’ in a sustainable manner and encouraging our employees to flourish. Join our passionate journey and fulfil your potential and creativity
We are currently seeking a Store Manager who will report to the Retail Manager in our Perisur store.
As a Gucci Store Manager, you will lead and support all activities to achieve store business objectives, demonstrating an unsurpassed service culture. You will perform with high integrity in operation, loss prevention compliance, human resources management, as well as in visual merchandising presentation.
You will be a dynamic and inspiring leader who has a strong background in relationship building skills, with both external and internal clients. As the Store Manager, you will represent the brand as a Gucci Ambassador by promoting the values and ambitions of the brand within the marketplace.
How you will contribute
- Drive and maximize sales performance to achieve consistently the overall sales budget objectives monitoring profitably while ensuring operations, people management and client development procedures are been conducted with high integrity.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement with top clients, ensuring the highest level of customer service is been provided and mystery shop goals are met.
- Communicates company set KPI’s and identifies strategies to ensure performance standards are met.
- Develop and implement business action plans in collaboration with the Retail Area Manager to enhance sales for each product category and client tier segment.
- Lead the team to consistently establish relationships and propose local events through continuous networking and support product launches that promote high client attendance and strong sales results.
- Proactively follow current fashion trends, industry news, technology and analyze key competitors in the market.
- Conduct monthly coaching/counseling sessions with associates to review performance and provide constructive, timely feedback. Oversee annual review process for all store employees and set annual employee goals;
- Identify and create action plans and build development plans for all employees.
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team. Build a talent pipeline through networking and competitive shopping.
- Ensure the development, implementation and execution of company CRM initiatives by providing action plans to the team.
- Collaborate with Operations, Human Resources, Loss Prevention, etc. while adhering to and enforcing all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Loss Prevention quarterly self-audits, monthly cycle counts, incident reporting and monthly inventory reconciliations to ensure annual inventory shrinkage is below company target.
- Support and maintain visual merchandising standards set by the WW headquarters;
Who you are
- A dynamic and inspiring leader with a strong retail, luxury retail, or service related industry background (at least five years of experience in a managerial role).
- A professional with a management studies, focus on hospitality, retail, fashion or related fields with ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and design strategies to prevent or react to the needs of the business.
- A fashion and sales passionate with a strong business acumen and strategic vision to develop the business high commitment to the Gucci brand.
- A fluent Spanish and English speaker
- A flexible person willing to work in a retail schedule, which will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with talent for managing, coaching and developing a team
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce.
We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time