ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Assistant Footwear designer, MCQ
Alexander McQueen - Regular
- United Kingdom
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Footwear Designer who will report to the Senior Designer as part of our dynamic London team.
The Assistant Footwear Designer for MCQ plays a key role in working with the Senior Designer for unisex sneaker collection. The role requires effective collaboration with all team members, a high level of attention to detail and confidence working in a fast paced and pressurised environment. The successful candidate will be passionate about sneakers, have excellent people and project management skills, extensive CAD/ technical drawing skills and strong commercial awareness.
How you will contribute
- Assist in developing footwear designs for the collection
- Expertise in producing technical packs for sampling, production and preparing CAD technical packs
- Undertake image research, create sketches and technical drawings, aligned to the Creative brief and maintaining a consistent, quality and consolidated look for both new and carryovers, demonstrating the highest level of aesthetic and quality
- Undertake material research and collate sourcing packs for suppliers
- Maintain a strong process strategy for Footwear design development in close collaboration with Product Development teams
- Effective design management, according to deadlines
- Coach and support the work placement students within accessorise team
- Working with the Merchandising team to understand customer buying trends, incorporating needs into the collection
- Assist in checking samples, adding technical comments where necessary
- Actively contribute to design meetings
- Strong understanding of technical fit, specifically for sneakers
- Support the Senior Designer in ad hoc collections, where required
- Prepare specs, FTS sheets and proactively manage the Design administration
- Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives and storage
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in Sneaker Design
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong hand drawing skills
- Clear understanding of the MCQ contemporary line
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests, while working under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to travel when required
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom