BALENCIAGA – Social Responsibility Development Manager (F/M)
Balenciaga - Regular
Paris - France
In the Sustainability team, you will shape and monitor our supply chain social strategy aligning with our sustainability goals and stakeholders’ priorities. This role is a new strategic position where we expect the candidate to bring robust expertise to implement concrete solutions driving responsible change across our entire value chain.
How you will contribute
- Create a long-term social improvement plan bringing positive and long-lasting supply chain transformation. Implement and maintain policies, processes, and partnerships within the supplier’s social responsibility area across Balenciaga globally.
- Propose, build, and monitor remediation programs for specific areas/countries or topics (i.e., wages assessments, working conditions, etc.) at the house level or in a Kering proposed frame.
- In close link with Kering’s teams and social audit methodology, oversee supplier social compliance audits and follow-up of non-conformities. Convey the findings of supplier evaluations and identify possible actions when non-conformities arise.
- Identify and prioritize critical social sustainability risks for Balenciaga’s Tier one and two suppliers. Ensure the ongoing management and upkeeping of the risk assessment and implement appropriate actions.
- Provide transparency on the supply chain’s environmental, sustainability, and governance risks.
- Contribute to crafting and delivering training modules for our internal teams in social responsibility and compliance.
Who you are
- You have significant expertise and a clear vision of supply chain-related social challenges and context. You also have a thorough awareness of the fashion industry’s organizational dynamics and business demands, allowing you to create and implement ideas that have a substantial effect.
- You are a professional with high autonomy, a good team spirit and networking skills who constantly strives to make a significant positive impact.
- You put pride in delivering high-quality outcomes through a structured, analytical and data-supported approach to your work.
- You have 10+ years of experience with a strong focus on supply chain and social impact related work (such as living wage or other social frameworks)
- Your education is a master’s or equivalent in sustainability management, social science or a related field.
- You bring excellent communication skills in writing and speaking, and you are comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You are fluent in English and Italian, and French is a plus.
Why work with us?
You will join a brand deeply committed to the sustainable and ethical management of our operations. The goal of reducing our environmental and social impacts throughout our value chain influences our decisions. Balenciaga is aware and convinced of the challenges linked to sustainability and acts to reduce the environmental impact of our activity while pursuing progress within fundamentally critical social issues.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
- Full time