BALENCIAGA – Sustainable Accessories Materials Research Specialist (F/M)
Balenciaga - Regular
Paris - France
In the Sustainability team, you will work on researching sustainable and innovative materials and processes for our accessories, aligning with our sustainability goals and stakeholder priorities. This role is a new strategic position where we expect the candidate to bring advanced technical expertise to implement concrete solutions at scale.
How you will contribute
- Implement sustainable concepts, materials, and processes for accessories (shoes and leather goods). Ensure the research and sourcing of innovative raw materials and methods align with the sustainability, quality, and performance requirements, the creative briefs, and seasonal calendar timelines.
- Collaborate with operation teams and suppliers to develop novel sustainable materials and techniques that fulfill both excellence and sustainability goals.
- Support with robust mechanical, chemical, and analytical expertise of materials. Build capacity for internal stakeholders, contributing to global sourcing practices’ positive and long-lasting transformation.
- Conduct a permanent intelligence watch on sustainable materials, processes, and technology innovation opportunities appropriate for fashion in close partnership with internal and external partners.
- Provide regular progress reports of projects and data analysis, report insights to key stakeholders, escalate issues as appropriate, and suggest opportunities to improve our sustainable sourcing further.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and the Group on sustainability topics and processes to ensure consistency in policies, compliance, traceability, and certifications.
Who you are
- You have significant expertise in materials composition and treatments and their environmental impact (LCA). Skills in product development are a plus.
- You are a professional with high autonomy, a good team spirit, and excellent networking skills who constantly strives to make a significant positive impact.
- You deliver timely, high-quality outcomes through a structured, analytical and data-supported approach to your work.
- Your communication and conviction skills are outstanding, and you are comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience with a strong focus on material and processes development
- You have a Master’s or an Engineering degree in sustainable materials, materials and/or chemical science, or comparable degree/education.
- You are fluent in English and Italian, and French is a plus.
Why work with us?
You will join a brand deeply committed to the sustainable and ethical management of our operations. The goal of reducing our environmental and social impacts throughout our value chain influences our decisions continuously. Balenciaga is aware and convinced of the challenges linked to sustainability and acts to reduce the environmental impact of our activity while pursuing progress within fundamentally critical social issues.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high-performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling work environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
- Full time