GUCCI Kids Knitwear & Jersey Junior Designer
Gucci - Regular
ROMA - Italy
Research trends and inspirations:
- Participate in the creativity of the category through knowledge of the latest trends
- Monitor the marketplace to identify competitive opportunities
- Based on a theme or Design Director inputs, research inspiration through:
- Vintage markets
- Men and Women’s Ready to Wear house’s departments
Design and creativity:
- Develop sketches based on Senior Designer/Design Director inputs and the Brand aesthetic
- Propose new ideas
- Share the draws with the Senior Designer/Design Director and modify or integrate them with size, proportion, materials, and colors
- Support Designers applying graphic corrections (colors, materials) on draws realized by Senior Designers or developing rendering
- Realize mock-up of jacquards in real size and support with related corrections of color ways or proportions under designers’ guidelines
- Support Designer in dealing with practical and bureaucratic requests coming from Product Development team
- Organize folders and classify/update regularly collection’s documents (sketches, technical packages, inspirations pictures etc) both in shared drive and print out version
- Assist designers during the fitting process
- Build a link with both print and embroidery teams for graphics or items placements and eventual updates
- Support designer in the following activities:
- all accessory/trim developments for general collection use
- all aspects of the men’s & women’s jersey/knitwear collections to ensure that the knitwear/jersey always forms a strong and coherent part of the overall Gucci collection.
- seasonal developments within the accessories/bag department to ensure a strong link with all relevant trims and hardwear is present in knitwear/jersey collection.
- Collaborate with Gucci product development teams to assist the uploading of all styles/colors/hardwear for the knitwear/Jersey collections
- Previous experience in a similar role is a definite advantage
- Good knowledge in product development constructions, materials, fabrics, techniques and industrial production processes
- Sound culture of fashion, trends, designers and history of the Brand
- Excellent in freehand and CAD drawing
- Proficient on all design platforms as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of pro create and having a good understanding of the icloud and Mac would be a plus.
- Strong organization and time managing skills to be able to work on various categories knitwear/jersey collections simultaneously (JB, JG, BB, BG)
- Fluency in English.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU IN THIS ROLE
- Thinks in a connected way, understanding how own decisions impact others
- Generates insights from a wide-range of available internal and external trends
- Work beyond hierarchy, to build bridges and brings people to work collaboratively.
- Communicates impactfully and adapts messaging in a way that it inspires others to act.
- A flexible mindset, at ease with changes and new ways of working. Is energized by an environment that operates in ambiguous and volatile conditions
- Makes things happen with and through others and takes accountability for own actions
Why work with us?
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time