GUCCI RTW Materials Research & Sustainability Assistant
Gucci - Regular
NOVARA - Italy
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
We are currently seeking for GUCCI RTW Materials Research and Sustainability Assistant who will report to the RTW Sustainability & Compliance Manager, supporting the research on sustainable materials for Gucci RTW Collection.
You will be an integral part of the RTW Sustainability team and you will support the research on new sustainable raw materials (fabrics, fibers, leather, fur and accessories) playing an important role in supporting a sustainable collection creations.
How you will contribute
- Support the sustainability RTW data collection, consolidation and reporting activities
- Ensure that all the RTW functions are informed about the new sustainable materials
- Support innovative materials development projects in Gucci RTW Collections
- Support suppliers to integrate innovative and sustainable raw material sources or processes, including diligent follow up with various stakeholders
- Track verification certifications for sustainable supply chain projects
- Contribute to materials fact sheets and due diligence reports
Who you are
- Passionate in sustainable raw material sourcing and development in the Luxury sector
- A textile engineering, environmental science or sustainability university graduate
- At least one years experienced in materials research and development and preferably some sustainability material sourcing experience
- Poses good knowledge of Excel and PLM
- Able to handle multiple projects and multitask
- A team-player
- A fluent Italian and English speaker with excellent communication skills
- Full time