KERING Accountant (General Ledger)
Kering - Regular
BARCELONA - Spain
Between 2013 and 2019, Kering has built a strong network of 17 Finance Shared Service Centres, covering all brands present in the main regions of the group. This common structure and governance promote process harmonization and best practices sharing across geographies, helping Kering becoming an integrated luxury group.
With very strong sponsorship from group senior management, Kering Finance Shared Services (FSS) has initiated a global transformation to re-invent and streamline shared service processes. This project leverages significant investment in technology (Implementation of SAP FMS & S4 Finance, Blackline, Concur, Esker, Avalara, IBM Tririga…) adopted over a three year period starting 2019. A global change community has been set-up across Kering FSS and change management is supported by external consultants.
In this context of global finance transformation, Kering Spain Finance Shared Services is seeking a General Ledger (GL) Accountant. If you are passionate, curious and collaborative, come and join our team in Barcelona. We are looking for a driven GL Accountant to join a growing business going through a period of change.
As a GL Accountant you will have ownership of the general ledger accounts and responsibility for financial bookings, including accruals, provisions and prepayments that support the production of the monthly financial accounts. You will have full responsibility for the review and reconciliation of the Profit & Loss / Balance Sheet and conduct insightful trend analysis for management.
How you will contribute
- Ownership of general ledger accounts including period end reporting, journal entries and reconciliation.
- Intercompany accounting including the reconciliation of transfer-accounts.
- Asset accounting (depreciations) and lease accounting
- Posting of bank- and payroll-transactions
- Sales tax summary reporting
Who you are
- Completed commercial training and qualified in financial accounting or Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the field of finance ir accounting, ideally in a shared services environment.
- Solid knowledge of finance and experience with double-entry bookkeeping, IFRS and month end close.
- Advanced user experience in SAP.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, strong Excel user.
- Training in Big4 or mid-tier accountancy firm desirable.
- Full proficiency in English and German – verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self-reliant person with good communication skills
- Team player, dedicated to both task and team.
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a thriving team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time