KERING E-Commerce Business Analyst
Kering - Regular
As part of the E-Commerce Product Team, the role will be responsible for ensuring business needs from 5 Luxury brands are appropriately elicited, documented, considered and, where plausible, catered for during the various stages of the digital product life-cycle through processes, user stories and other artefacts. You will report to the E-Commerce Roadmap Project Lead.
How you will contribute
- Deep-dive into business functions and processes to understand core needs rather than relying on surface requirements stated by users. Challenge business users on assumptions and constraints, particularly as to how these will support the business unit to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Understand and translate core needs into prioritized user stories and other relevant artefacts as well as UX, functional and non-functional requirements; ensuring both a global and regional perspective has been considered where relevant.
- Ensure objectives and business benefits are clearly documented for all requirements and scope items.
- Conduct peer reviews of user stories and requirements as requested by team members.
- Conduct gap analysis as appropriate; including between proposed solutions and business needs, between current and proposed solutions and between proposed solution / vendor options.
- Participate and/or provide input into the product roadmap and related meetings as relevant.
- Where relevant, oversee the delivery of technical changes into the regional implementation including deploying and adapting global code into the region as/when approved.
- Deliver in line with budget, quality and timeline expectations following globally agreed processes and ways of working from Global Product Team.
Who you are
- Degree holder with 5-6 years experience in business analysis, product management and/or project management in a technology projects environment.
- Minimum 4 years experience within the digital / E-Commerce space, ideally in a large retail, wholesale or luxury goods organization. Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) and Manhattan (OMS) recommended
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of IT Methodologies for information systems development, testing principles, project methodologies and practices. Experience in an Agile environment highly regarded.
- Experience working with E-Commerce and Omnichannel systems (E-Commerce platform, OMS, PSP, PIM / DAM, WMS, CRM etc;.) and working in a global organization will be highly regarded.
- Experience working in multi-cultural global and distributed team environments will be highly regarded.
- Industry experience from E-Commerce, Technology or Retail.
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a dynamic team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time