ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Director of Store Planning America
Alexander McQueen - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
Alexander McQueen is in search of a Director of Store Planning who will be responsible for overseeing General Project & construction management for American stores, offices and showroom. This role will directly report to the local Regional President with functional reporting to WW Store Planning Director (based in HQ).
How you will contribute:
Design tasks and Quality control:
- Act as liaison with internal partners such as Real Estate, Legal, President and Store planning HQ in case of new real estate proposals
- Inception reports, collecting all the information preliminary to the design (survey, photos, local constraints, technical & commercial briefs)
- Preliminary design zonings production, budget forecast & schedule to be used as base for the design handled by HQ
- Preliminary concept design feasibility check and report to HQ
- Preliminary and Final design check through local team (Retail, operations, VM, buyer, etc.) and report to HQ
- General design coordination with local AOR, Engineers, landlord team etc. in tight cooperation with HQ store planning leadership
- Review architectural and engineering construction documents.
- Production and general quality control respecting highest standards and AMQ concept and construction guidelines
Cost and procurement tasks:
- Budget forecast: support to regional GM in coordination with store planning HQ
- Budget and financial reports: production and updates, twice per month
- Suppliers scouting
- Tender management / Cost comparison and awarding, in tight cooperation with HQ store planning leadership
- Specific Value engineering and transversal cost optimization solutions
- Contracting support through HQ and US legal departments
- Invoices approval and tracking and coordination through HQ and US finance departments.
- General Financial reporting to HQ (monthly)
- Budget closure once the store is completed and the punchlist handed over
- Facility budget forecast
Planning control/coordination of execution
- Review all technical aspects of LOI, leases, exhibits and tenant criteria.
- Applications submission (coordination) through all the Authorities (Landlord, Coownership, city Hall, Heritage, etc.). it is required an extensive knowledge on permit application process, timelines and building department functions in the different counties and areas.
- Collecting the construction information and upgrades (site pictures, weekly report), debrief and first analysis, reports to London HQ
- Control of the Project Milestones status and general timekeeping actions
- Sustainability: follow the highest standard to accomplish the most eco-friendly project& construction quality
- Construction site visits, weekly call organization and leadership, report and consequent actions
- Prototypes / production check in factory and continuous follow-up
- Snagging list and following up / closure
- Site turnover to Operations team, technical and concept training coordination through local vendors
- Reporting: prepare weekly updates and details report (quality, timing, costs) on running projects for Managers / Executives
- Operation & Maintenance training to local team at a project turnover to Retail
- Project Presentations
- Research of new local materials (following London Concept Direction), suppliers, consultants.
- Capex optimization solutions on the full scope
- AMQ Construction Manual check and implementation.
- Local vendors scouting / certification through London approval
- Bulk-orders proposal through local vendors
- Opex technical budget assistance with local team
- Maintenance contracts establishment for cleaning, security and MEP
- Maintenance tracking and quality control of existing assets, follow-up and reporting
Who you are:
- Architect – Interior Designer - Engineer
- Experience: Luxury Environment (preferably Retail) in US / Americas minimum 10 years (preferably in-house within a Brand)
- IT knowledge: Office, Autocad, InDesign, Photoshop,
- Skills & competences: Dynamism, Leadership, Organization, Good Taste, Agility, Integrity.
- Languages : English and one additional (preferably Spanish)
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America