BOTTEGA VENETA Assistant Buyer, Women's Leather Goods
Bottega Veneta - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer, Women's Leather Goods who will report to the Buyer, Women’s Leather Goods & Accessories, as part of our dynamic team in New York.
The Assistant Buyer, Women’s Leather Goods will be supporting the Buyer in identifying product opportunities and executing merchandising strategies to maximize sales and store performance across all Leather Goods categories.
How you will contribute:
Strategy & Analytics
- Analyze selling by model, fabric, color and size on a weekly basis to provide feedback to executive team and Worldwide Merchandising team in order to improve future purchase decisions.
- Research trends, review existing merchandise to ensure products remain competitive, and recognize changes in demand within each market.
- Create selling reports and provide historical recaps to analyze and communicate business performance.
- Follow-up with stores on sales, sell thru, merchandise transfers, and reorders.
- Perform end of season department analysis: best sellers, slow sellers, months of supply, inventory levels, color and size analysis.
- Compile pricing analysis vs. competitors for basic and seasonal product for Milan Headquarters.
- Communicate with Milan regarding deliveries and available stock.
- Recommend reorders and special orders based on business needs, trends and stock levels.
- Collaborate with Milan headquarters frequently on sales performance, product issues, and competitive landscape.
- Manage stock levels to maximize inventory within stores with the execution of transfers/consolidations.
- Analyze shipping recaps from Italy and track shipping to ensure deliveries are aligned to packages set during the buying campaigns.
- Coordinate product for new store openings: merchandising, training, shipment and deliveries.
Product Buying, Feedback, & Training
- Support women’s market to assist in writing the orders for Women’s Leather goods.
- Ensure communication regarding product needs, sales trends, stock needs and all other relevant product information is shared with the Worldwide team in Milan to generate optimal buys with each collection.
- Help allocate all buys by individual stores based on market needs, historical data, and key message of collection.
- Partner with store associates and managers to obtain client feedback on merchandising assortment.
- Demonstrate passion for the product while maintaining empathy for the store staff/clientele.
- Educate retail teams on each collection by communicating merchandising strategies based on buy, selling points, and raise awareness of season’s trends.
- Collaborate across various departments on an as-needed basis (i.e. Visual Merchandising, Retail, Communications, etc.)
Who you are:
- At least 1-2 years of previous merchandising/buying experience
- Capable to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work in a team, possess organizational awareness and flexibility
- Demonstrate ability to adapt, strong knowledge of luxury market/products and philosophy of the brand
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a clear sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment by effectively prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as strong knowledge of retail math
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America