GUCCI Assistant Buyer Women's Shoes
Gucci - Regular
New York - United States of America
The Assistant Buyer for Women’s Shoes ensures the flow of merchandise into the business through timely and close dialogue with Inventory Planning, Customer Service, WW Merchandising, and WW Corporate Retail. Supports the Buyer to manage the inventory by providing scheduled reporting and recommends actions. The Assistant Buyer is expected to analyze stock to sales ratios and/or timely replenishment through allocations and consolidations in collaboration with Inventory Planning team. Provide adhoc reporting as needed by the Buyer. Prepare tools and information for seasonal buying campaign as well as input orders, provide detailed sales analysis by location, and recap final buys. Establishes and maintains relationships with retail network by working closely with store managers and sales associates to solidify Merchandising's role as a strategic support. Partner with cross-functional teams, including Marketing & Communications, PR, Wholesale, and Visual. Executes daily activities as directed by the Buyer and supports/facilitates ad-hoc store requests. Actively participates in motivating selling teams through communicating product knowledge such a product booklets, training, selling events.
- Track and recap deliveries weekly and react to ensure value and percentage shipped is aligned with seasonal targets and improved on LY with close collaboration with Inventory Planning team;
- Collaborate with Inventory Planning on timely allocation of newness to drive sales and sell through while prioritizing key locations;
- Advise Buyer on reorder opportunities by forecasting to replenish stock and keep sales momentum;
- Analyze selling reports to identify stock movements, balance sales vs stock ratios by store in collaboration with Inventory Planning team;
- Propose store opening assortments to Buyer and partner with Inventory Planning on stock levels for new stores/refurbishments/floor moves.
- Timely execution of weekly standard reporting, analyzes and recommends actions to Buyer;
- End of month analysis, pricing initiatives, and ad-hoc analysis as needed;
- Prepare final selling reports for Buy Prep;
- Prepare selling reports and analysis for store visits.
- Support Buyer to maximize sales and results by store through collaborating with Visual Merchandising to maximize exposure of best sellers, optimize floor capacity, and support brand initiatives – Minimum in store travel 3 days per quarter;
- In store presence to work with visual merchandising, gain insights into business by location, and motivate selling teams;
- Motivate sales force and provide product knowledge support to the stores;
- Lead by example with a high standard of professionalism, positive attitude, and desire to be at Gucci;
- Frequent communication of new product arrivals, business trends and eliciting feedback.
Seasonal Buying Campaign Support
- Required international travel up to 4 times a year;
- Ensures all buy preparation is created and distributed to all relevant team members;
- Ensures integrity of order information and buying tools;
- Responsible for seasonal buy recaps for internal and WW assortment reviews;
- Supports Buyer to articulate assortment strategies to internal, WW, and retail partners.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business or a related discipline is required;
- Flexibility to travel with short notice and to work a demanding schedule which can include on an adhoc basis evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America