GUCCI Buyer-Women's Ready-to-Wear
Gucci - Regular
New York - United States of America
The Buyer of WRTW is responsible for providing market expertise, curating the seasonal assortment, and establishing buy quantities that support individual market needs and financial goals within the open-to-buy (OTB) parameters. Demonstrates smart risk-taking in investment and product decisions and clearly executes these decisions from showroom to selling floor. Builds strong partnerships with all members of the cross-functional team – including worldwide and regional counterparts in Retail, Inventory Planning, Visual Merchandising, Training, Consumer Management, and Marketing. Provides analysis and results, recommends action against the results and follows through on actions. Consistently keeps Gucci America a leader in the market by providing timely and insightful competitive feedback to WW Merchandising.
- Manage the success of the category through developing and driving seasonal business strategies that exceed financial goals within OTB parameters;
- Develop assortment in accordance with overall brand growth strategies and approaches each market with a client-centric viewpoint;
- Foster strong relationship with WW Merchandising to ensure key messages, master orders, and guidelines are aligned to the best benefit of the Gucci America region;
- Carefully analyze SKU productivity to understand how to best fine tune and rationalize the product offering during each sales campaign;
- Ensure flow of inventory into business with close collaboration with WW Operations and Supply Chain and Central Demand Planning;
- Analyze selling trends and react with reorders, consolidations, and cancellations;
- Demonstrate expertise on the competitive landscape (product, price positioning and merchandising strategies).
- Drive sales and sell-through by store through close collaboration with the Retail and Visual Merchandising team to maximize exposure of best sellers, optimizing floor capacity, and supporting brand initiatives;
- Enhance understanding of local market needs and segmentation by eliciting feedback through constant communication loop;
- Responsible for hosting seasonal collection product knowledge trainings;
- Support and participate in in-store activities; including one-to-one client events and hosting trunk shows;
- Optimize back-of-house efficiency by partnering with store to understand their specific challenges.
Develop strong partnerships across Inventory Planning, Retail, Visual Merchandising, Training, Consumer Management, Training, Marketing and Business Planning:
- Inventory Planning:
- Daily alignment on allocations and stock rebalancing based on current sales trends, seasonality, peak season, special events and client accommodations;
- Partner on a monthly basis to readjust assortments as necessary and ensure healthy stock positions based on individual store trends.
- Partner with store teams and management to drive alignment on long-term strategy and tactical execution through meeting the specific needs of each market;
- Communicate strategic merchandising investments through extensive product knowledge;
- Provide visibility into new arrivals and in-transit styles;
- Support stores with back of house optimization;
- Liaise with local Logistics teams on shipment flow, after sales, and price changes.
- Visual Merchandising:
- Coordinate frequent in-store walk throughs with visual ambassadors to identify solutions to missed opportunities while maintaining visual standards;
- Closely collaborate to update in-store display based on deliveries and sales trends;
- Create synergy to support store openings, window refreshes and special events.
- Host in-store trainings and morning meetings on all store visits to fully engage and empower store teams;
- Collaborate with Retail Training to present seasonal collection trainings.
- Consumer Management:
- Partner with team to analyze client analytics and customer segmentation insights.
- Partner with Special Events team to plan and execute in-store experiences based on overarching company strategies and regional product investments;
- Align regional PR sample investment and global marketing initiatives.
- Business Planning:
- Devise strategic approach by location according to the OTB in order to build a financially appropriate product assortment;
- Collaborate to create budget and re-forecast sales within season to react to current trends.
Performance and Talent Management
- Lead by example with a high standard of professionalism and positive attitude;
- Create and manage development plans for direct reports to support future development.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Fashion or related discipline;
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant buying experience within a fashion and/or luxury environment;
- Talent in managing, coaching and developing a team;
- Leads by example and empowers direct reports - inspires direct reports to think creatively and excel beyond the expected;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software including, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook;
- Flexibility to travel with short notice and to work a demanding schedule, which can include on an adhoc basis evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America