GUCCI Legal Counsel
Gucci - Regular
New York - United States of America
Legal Counsel for Gucci America will work closely with the Director of Legal Affairs and General Counsel on commercial, real estate and intellectual property matters, contracts, compliance, corporate governance and litigation support. There is an emphasis on partnering with a variety of different in-house clients, including U.S. and worldwide business and legal colleagues, across many departments, to provide practical advice and support on a wide range of issues.
- Draft, review and edit a wide variety of commercial contracts and engage in routine negotiations with contract counterparties;
- Proactively manage contract process from inception to completion, often on quick or immediate timeframes;
- Draft and propose relevant contract templates and key provisions;
- Support commercial matters for various internal departments, including Retail, Training, Communications, Consumer Management, eCommerce, Store Planning, Wholesale, Finance and Indirect Procurement;
- Advise Retail and Client Services teams on customer service issues and disputes.
Corporate and Compliance
- Draft corporate governance documents and oversee related filings;
- Research and advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters relating to Gucci’s business operations;
- Coordinate due diligence projects related to corporate and compliance activities and litigation matters;
- Support the Legal department as needed on special projects.
- Provide project management services on a wide range of real estate matters, including coordination of leasing, construction and insurance activities and addressing lease interpretation issues related to existing and new store, storage and office leases;
- Draft, review and edit routine lease-related documents, such as lease amendments, extensions and estoppel certificates;
- Support Store Planning department with collection of tenant improvement allowance funds.
- Provide day-to-day IP enforcement, brand protection and portfolio management support and counseling;
- Support development of trademark strategies and implementation of the Gucci global IP strategy;
- Draft, review and analyze cease and desist letters, settlement agreements, registration application and opposition documents and other IP-related agreements and provisions.
- J.D. from top law school;
- Must be admitted to, active and in good standing with the New York State Bar;
- 5-8 years of commercial experience with top law firm and/or corporate in-house department; combined experience is a plus;
- Experience in IP and/or real estate is a plus;
- Foreign language skills and international experience are a plus;
- Strong technical writing and drafting skills, with ability to adjust tone and content as appropriate for various legal and business audiences;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to provide strategic, business-oriented practical advice and solutions;
- Ability to multi-task, with flexibility to manage changing priorities and projects under time constraints;
- Attention to detail, organization, efficiency and preparedness;
- Highly motivated and proactive self-starter with willingness to support Legal department and provide strong client service in wide variety of matters and practice areas;
- Professionalism and excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and to bring a positive team work attitude to the workplace;
- Familiarity with latest digital and Internet trends, technologies and platforms;
- Strong computer skills and software application proficiency in platforms such as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word as well as IP based data and search tools.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America