GUCCI Media Manager
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The role of the Media Manager is to manage all aspects of category specific media plans for North America inclusive of digital media; paid social, display, video, native advertising as well as print media. The goal of these efforts is to promote awareness, build exposure and drive sales to our stores and Gucci.com. The role will lead Gucci plans in the digital and print advertising space responsible for identifying emerging digital/new media opportunities and ensuring media integration of all communication programs working closely with eCommerce, Merchandising, Public Relations and Global Media Team. Responsible for managing, executing, analyzing and reporting on these media plans in collaboration with Senior Media Director, direct reports, Global Media Team, WW Corporate Image Department and ad agencies. This position reports to the Senior Media Director.
- Develop and ensure proper execution of media plans, in coordination with Senior Media Director, direct reports and agencies ensuring adherence to the brand’s overall global and regional strategy;
- Responsible for all media presence and plans in print and digital; paid social, influencer, video, display and native ad formats;
- Create media plans with a strategic focus on innovation in all media formats ensuring test and learn mentality for new technologies and new platforms to ensure innovation, maximum ROI and first-to-market presence whenever possible;
- Structure and communicate key KPI’s for all digital media initiatives;
- Lead audience development and activation: audience Development (including 1st, 2nd, 3rd party data); audience segmentation and overlap management (including reach/frequency); audience collection, analysis, and activation (including Salesforce DMP); audience analytics and insights from analytics tools;
- Negotiate premium positioning packages with magazine partners;
- Ensure the plans are maintained accurately in various formats (deck, MMS, flowchart, bar charts, and media HQ) for category of responsibility;
- Brainstorm and pitch new concepts and opportunities to Senior Media Director for potential inclusion in plans;
- Liase with media agencies to debrief before quarterly planning process and RFP;
- Communicate with media agencies on a regular basis and ensure they have the media plans and campaign budgets and are accurately executing and optimizing on plans;
- Field day-to-day questions and build relationships with 3rd party companies and advertising partners;
- Attend meetings with media outlets/vendors to understand available opportunities;
- Manage the information input and reports for monthly executive reports.
- Monitor results and ROI for category communication initiatives, maintaining monthly updates and quarterly results to assess progress, areas for opportunity and to better understand the region's needs and growth;
- Aggregate and analyze digital data from various analytics tools and external partners;
- Compile tracking and KPI charts for all digital media activities;
- Assist in writing monthly executive summaries for all responsible media activity;
- Review print positioning tracking, DMR and competitive reports to draw relevant insights to help adapt brand strategy.
- Oversee the asset trafficking process between the corporate image department and media agencies;
- Review global campaign briefs for all plans and adapt for Gucci America, partnering with eCommerce and Merchandising to select the appropriate images/ products for print and digital plans and select ideal landing pages.
- Manage the budgets for North America;
- Approve invoicing and oversee the resolution of any billing or payment issues in coordination with Assistant Media Planner, AP and the vendor;
- Reconcile media plans and MMS upload sheets for the agencies and AP on a monthly basis with actuals to keep budget up to date.
- Manage the direct reports
- Coordination with agency partners managing projects and information flow.
- College degree;
- 5+ years’ experience in digital / traditional media within the luxury and /or fashion industry;
- Experience in digital media planning/buying with knowledge in print and out of home (OOH);
- Proficient in analytics tools for tracking all digital media KPIs (Google analytics, DFA tracking);
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel);
- Experience in Software programs Salesforce DMP, Datarama, Infocube is recommended, but not required. Willingness to learn is a must;
- International and domestic travel when necessary.
- Considerate Thinker
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Solutions Developer
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Accountable Achiever
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
- Agile Advocate
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Connection Builder
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- People Enabler
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Continuous Learner
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Talent Builder
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America