GUCCI Senior Project Manager - Store Planning
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the development of larger projects in the United States and Canada. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will work closely with the regional and worldwide store planning teams, Gucci and Kering departments, consultants and contractors in the renovation of existing or development of new stores from project initiation to opening.
Responsibilities also include coordinating store layout improvements and rollouts consisting of store configurations or upgrades of existing stores. For each project, the SPM will oversee project budgets, schedules and project design, as well as liaise with departmental directors (Operations, Visual, etc.) and consulting teams to ensure the program requirements are incorporated into the project and critical timelines and project information are communicated.
The SPM will oversee the construction and completion of each location to ensure standards of quality are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. The SPM will also have strong budgeting and scheduling skills in assisting the Director, Associate Director and cost controller in the overall department project planning.
- Work closely with the Director of Store Planning and possible design architect in the design development of new store locations;
- Develop and maintain relationships with tenant coordinators and mall managers in all applicable forms and locations;
- Coordinate transition of design documents into documents for bid/landlord review/permit with architect of record;
- Review all architectural documents and drawings with Director of Store Planning;
- Coordinate requirements for security, telephone, and data with departments;
- Obtain approvals from Landlord for Preliminary and Working Drawing Reviews.
- Develop requests for bids as applicable for GC scope;
- Develop requests for owner vendor items, such as millwork, specialty lighting, etc.;
- Review bid proposals and coordinate cost and schedules with vendors and contractors, as well as maintain schedules;
- Develop and maintain cost summary of each project through project completion, including review and approval of invoices, coordinating the information with the cost controller;
- Make periodic site visits before and/or during construction of store to ensure standards and design are met;
- Attend weekly site meetings (on site or phone) throughout project to ensure schedule and design standard are met;
- Coordinate with GC and local department of buildings for all required certificates and inspections;
- Coordinate Director of Store Planning and operations for store openings and help on site during this transition;
- Develop punch list and verify all items are corrected in timely manner;
- Request and obtain letters of lien waivers and comply with landlord’s close out procedure;
- Develop and issue Maintenance Manual for store’s manager;
- Assist Director of Store Planning and cost controller in multi project budgeting for departmental capex forecasting;
- Assist Director of Store Planning and cost controller in multi project scheduling for departmental master schedule forecasting.
- 15+ years’ luxury retail experience (combined between architectural experience and store planning project management experience);
- University degree, BA, MA in Architecture or Interior Design preferred;
- In-house store planning in the U.S. as part of a regional team;
- Extensive store planning project management experience with multi-level store build outs;
- Extensive construction, site knowledge and project execution;
- Must possess excellent budgeting and general math skills;
- Excellent scheduling skills with experience in project phasing and project rollouts;
- Extremely organized, detail and deadline-oriented;
- Internal team coordination experience;
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD;
- Excellent understanding of design drawings and project documentation;
- Knowledge of standard quality means and methods, and materials in construction and millwork required for a luxury environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Frequent travel required.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization.
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions.
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions.
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals.
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration.
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully.
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness.
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort.
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential.
- Qualified candidates must have the proper valid work authorization to work in the United States.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America