KERING Payroll Manager
Kering - Regular
Wayne - United States of America
The Payroll Manager will be part of Kering Shared Services support and value to the Kering brands. This position provides administrative care to the HR Shared Services department and the Kering brands on all Human Resources related matters and processes. The Payroll Manager will be based at the Kering offices located in Wayne, New Jersey.
How you will contribute
- Manages full cycle processing of multi-state, bi-weekly payrolls for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Reviews payroll processing, develops and implements strong controls and procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, commissions, bonuses, leave payments, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Oversees the preparation of required reports or payments to government agencies, insurance
- companies, or other organizations.
- Oversees the payroll processing activities for the payroll department, which includes work allocation, problem resolution and training
- To the extent possible, drive consistency in payroll practices, controls, and management reporting
- Troubleshoot system interface data discrepancies that impact pay and identify solutions in partnership with various business partners
- Answer employees' questions regarding payroll; Resolve payroll issues as they arise and implement procedures to mitigate future risks and errors.
- Build out payroll processes, systems and staff to scale as the Group grows. Recommends improvements to payroll administration
- Collaborate with the Finance teams on General Ledger posting
- Monitors changes and remains current on legal, regulatory or governmental requirements (e.g., wage and hour, garnishments, tax matters, 401(k) and other benefit deductions)
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Audit quarterly tax filings and file amendments were necessary
- Functional SME and gate keeper for all enhancements, regulatory changes and routine maintenance activities
- Maintain confidentiality of any payroll, private employee information and any proprietary information and ensure payroll information is secure
- Develop and implements best practices, key performance indicators and metrics for the function
- Supervises the work of existing payroll team members
- Additional projects as required
- 8+ years’ experience in payroll processing required
- USA and Canadian payroll experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with queries, internal/external payroll reporting, controls and audit procedures
- Experience with HRIS system implementation is a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple state payroll tax laws
- Must be extremely detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to research and interpret payroll related topics
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume work load
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America