Gucci - Regular
Sydney - Australia
As a Merchandiser for GUCCI you represent the brand to all customers and stakeholders.
This role is responsible for assisting the Merchandising Manager to manage the operations and categories, including business driving initiatives, sales performance analysis, store and competitor visits, collection training and buying preparation. You will act as a team player and work collaboratively with all GUCCI employees and stakeholders to achieve exceptional results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business Driving Activities
- Monitor sales, inventory and delivery status and liaise with Inventory planning, Visual Merchandising to ensure strong launch and support the growth of the categories
- Analyze the business on a weekly and/or monthly basis and propose business driving actions by identifying opportunities for growth
- Work closely with the stores to consolidate product feedback in order to review business needs and to implement action plans
- Work closely with the region to ensure there is an optimal assortment in each store, and propose possible adjustments based on sales performance, product feedback, current stock levels and BOH capacities
- Support the Merchandising Manager with sales reporting, sell through analysis, competitor analysis and follow up of action plans
- Closely partner with the Regional team in buying for all categories, by providing clearly the ‘local voice’ of each Country/Store in the process in order to customize each assortment to its specific needs to reach full potential and test new opportunities.
- Know the market, specificity of each store and give constructive feedback to the company, e.g. missing functionality, fitting, sizing etc. as well as special events/holidays and competitor's activities
Learning and Training
- Ensure proactive learning and development to maintain product knowledge
- Stay current with the local market and latest collections
- Visit and work closely with stores to provide product training to selling staff to develop store expertise
Seasonal Buying Activities
- Support Regional team in the assortment selection of selected Men Universe departments based on the Open to Buy allocated, assortment guidelines from the World-Wide team and the VM display capacity
- Support Regional team in the presentation of the assortment selected to World -Wide team
Workplace Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance to the Safety Management System and all Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Policies
- Report all incidents, hazards and near misses as required by all staff, both to your direct manager and Human Resources where applicable and on the reporting platform
- Utilize all company tools including iPhone, iPad etc and company applications effectively, efficiently and as required by the business
- Ensure active participation on company provided platforms such as Workplace, Workday, Retail Training Portal, LUCE, etc
- Adhere to all in store Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Comply to all Gucci and Kering Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- All other ad hoc duties as required by your manager
- 5 years of relevant Merchandising experience, preferably in the luxury retail industry
Other skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Fashion or similar
- Ability to work dynamically in a high-volume environment
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- High attention to detail with a good numeric sense
- Willing to travel for business both domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in using technology and/or learning about updated technologies
- Proficiency in Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Why work with us?
This is a great opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Gucci is made of people who are diverse, talented and unique. You're invited to come and show us the Dream-maker that you are.
- Full time
- Australasie / Pacifique Sud